|LEGO → System → Star Wars → Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back|
This set was initially released for the price of $99.99 in LEGO Shop At Home catalogs. The set's features include a "working" carbon freezing chamber that allows you to lower Han Solo downward and the carbonite block back up to replace Han Solo, a sliding door, a window that catapults Luke Skywalker out and a landing pad for the Twin-Pod Cloud Car featuring many lime green studs representing lights. It was most notable for being the first appearance of a Lando Calrissian Minifigure. This set is also the only set released so far that features Lando in his most recognized clothing (the other being on 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge where he is in disguise). It also contains an exclusive Boba Fett Minifigure with normal printing, but also with armour plating on his arms, legs and on the belt. This set is for ages 9+ and says that it contains 698 pieces, but it actually has 705 pieces. It was actually issued as a UCS.
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it. (See an archive of the product’s page)|
Return to Cloud City™!
Unique Set Features:
Based on one of the most famous locations from the original Star Wars™ trilogy, this set is the perfect addition to your Star Wars collection! Recreate your favorite moments from Star Wars™: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, or create your own thrilling adventures!
- This set saw the return of Padmé Naberrie's hairpiece, used for Princess Leia.
- Han Solo is wearing the Episode IV outfit instead of the Episode V outfit, which is a blue coat.
- Lando Calrissian is shown armed with a blue tipped blaster gun instead of red.
- Lando has a unique cape which is yellow on one side and light blue on the other.
- This set saw the only appearances of Luke Skywalker (Bespin), Princess Leia (Bespin), Boba Fett (extra printings), and Lando Calrissian (Bespin).
- According to the UCS Promotional Poster, this set was retired in 2005 and includes 705 pieces (as mentioned above), not 698.
- Even though the landing platform was specifically designed for the Cloud Car, the Slave I released at the time perfectly fits on the platform.