|LEGO → System → Architecture|
The United States Capitol, often called the Capitol Building, is the home of the United States Congress, and the seat of the legislative branch of the U.S. federal government. It is located on Capitol Hill at the eastern end of the National Mall in Washington, D.C. Though no longer at the geographic center of the Federal District, the Capitol forms the origin point for the District's street-numbering system and the District's four quadrants.
The original building was completed in 1800 and was subsequently expanded, particularly with the addition of the massive dome, and expanded chambers for the bicamerallegislature, the House of Representatives in the south wing and the Senate in the north wing. Like the principal buildings of the executive and judicial branches, the Capitol is built in a distinctive neoclassical style and has a white exterior. Both its east and west elevations are formally referred to as fronts, though only the east front was intended for the reception of visitors and dignitaries.
Discover the architectural secrets of the iconic United States Capitol Building with this amazing LEGO® Architecture interpretation that focuses on the structure's neoclassical style facade, steps and lawns, finished with a decorative “U.S. Capitol” nameplate. Remove the dome to access the rotunda interior depicting the National Statuary Hall, with columns, 8 statues and tiled floor. This model has been designed to deliver an interesting and rewarding building experience and is suitable for display in the home and office. It has been developed for all with an interest in travel, architectural culture, history and design. The scale of this model matches the LEGO Architecture 21022 Lincoln Memorial.
- LEGO® Architecture interpretation of the real-world architectural landmark, the United States Capitol Building.
- Features the Capitol's neoclassical façade, dome, colonnades, north and south wings, steps and lawns.
- Remove the dome to access the rotunda, featuring columns, 8 statue elements and a tiled floor.
- The included booklet contains information about the design, architecture and history of the building (English language only. Other languages available for download at LEGO.com/architecture).
- Collect the entire LEGO® Architecture series.
- LEGO® Architecture celebrates the world of architecture through the medium of the LEGO brick, and is developed for all with an interest in travel, design, history and architecture.
- This set includes over 1,000 LEGO® pieces.
- The scale of this model matches the LEGO® Architecture 21022 Lincoln Memorial.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 12+.
- Measures over 6” (16cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 5”(14cm) deep.https://shop.lego.com/en-US/United-States-Capitol-Building-21030