|LEGO → Video Games → LEGO Battles → Ninjago|
|LEGO Battles: Ninjago|
Warner Bros. Interactive Nintendo
2856252 LEGO Battles: Ninjago, released as LEGO Ninjago: The Video Game in the United Kingdom, is a Ninjago video game and the follow-up to LEGO Battles. It was published by Warner Brothers, developed by Hellbent Games and produced by TT Games. It has two single-player campaign modes, both good and evil, and multiplayer modes. The game is based on the pilot episodes Way of the Ninja and King of Shadows of the animated TV series Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu. The sequel to this game titled LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids was released in the summer of 2014.
The story features players retrieving powerful weapons and skirmishing with their enemies, as well as featuring dragons and cameos from LEGO Battles characters. In skirmish mode, the player selects seven soldiers and a builder to control. Spinjitzu is used in the game by the Ninja and Sensei Wu as special attacks..
The gameplay is similar to that of the original, with the main difference being controlling a small force of seven rather than larger armies. Players collect studs to buy characters from defeating enemies, smashing scenery, and collecting some just lying around. Other collectibes are red power bricks and minikits, used to unlock new characters to buy.
Builders build buildings and collect bricks, with a maximum number of six builders at once. The player also controls 7 unique heroes. The beginning of a level only has the original form of each hero available. Each hero also has 2 alternative forms. For example, Kai starts out in his blacksmith clothes with short sword, in Level one he wears his ninja garb with a ninja sword, and in Level 2 he is in his DX form with the golden Sword of Fire. Another example would be the Samurai Warrior beginning on foot, then on a horse in level one, and with 2 archers that follow him in level two. The 2 alternative forms are better in speed, health, and attack.
- Sensei Wu (normal form with staff, second form has the same outfit as the first form, with has the Sword of Fire, and wears his Black Kimono in his third form)
- Nya (wears a non physical white dress in her first form, her red dress with blades in her second form, and in a nurse's outfit in her third form.)
- Blue Ninja Shogun (normal, who is mounted on a horse as his 2nd form, and a samurai with 2 archers who follow him in his third form)
- Villager (as the ninja builder)
Each ninja wears Casual Clothing in his 1st Form, Ninja Clothes in his 2nd Form with a Normal Weapon, and in his DX Clothes with Golden Weapons in his 3rd form.
- Lord Garmadon (same in all three forms, his second form features two shadow ninja fighting beside him, while his third form launches lightning)
- Bonezai (as the skeleton builder)
Each skeleton appears with no armor or headgear in his form, and with armor and headgear in his second form. In third form, all skeleton generals (and Krazi) have Skulkin followers, Chopov drives the Skull Motorbike and Frakjaw drives Nuckal's ATV in third form.
A list of characters from different LEGO themes appear in this game as unlockable bonus characters.
- Alien Commander (that gains legs similar to those of Spy Clops and resembles the Alien Queen as his 2nd form, and then becomes similar to his first form, but glows when he walks, as his 3rd form)
- Biff (with a type of light stick ,who then can turn into a modified version of the mining suit, similar to the Gripley but is long ranged, as his 2nd form, and with two blasters as his 3rd form)
- Governor Broadside (with a rifle, riding a horse as his second form, and has two imperial guards following him as his third form)
- Captain Brickbeard (with a cutlass, who then can get a giant cannon as his 2nd form, and 2 pirate buddies for his 3rd form)
- Maraca Man (which has Super Wrestler as his 2nd form and then 2 of them as his 3rd form)
- Lance Spears (with a spear. His other forms include a change in weapons and upgrades to his diving suit, like a giant propeller)
- Rex (with a pick axe as his first form, riding a mech as his second form, and a metal plate with a dynamite as his 3rd form)
- Police Officer (simply with a pistol as his first form, as Agent Chase as his second form, and driving a police car as his third form)
- Pharaoh (with a scepter who can become a Anubis Guard as his 2nd form or have 2 Mummies follow him as his 3rd form)
- Spartan Warrior (with a spear and a bare chest, who can turn into a spartan with a spear and a shield as his 2nd form ,and then 3 of them as his 3rd form)
- King (with a regular sword who gets put on a horse for his 2nd form and gets a gold sword and shield as his 3rd form)
- Evil Wizard (with a small staff who can turn into Giant Troll as his 2nd form and has a bigger staff and floats as his 3rd form)
- Red Classic Spaceman (himself in his first form, as three Blue Classic Spacemen as his second form and as a red spaceman piloting a small space-speeder as his third form.
- Zombie (by himself as his first form, 3 zombies as his second form, and 1 zombie that glows when he walks as his third form)
- Santa Claus (as himself as his first form, riding a horse as his second form, and has two elf buddies following him as his third form)
There are four unplayable characters in the game. There are the Rock Monsters, Ice Monsters, Lighting Monsters, and Lava/Fire Monsters from Power Miners only in different colors. Each one guards it's respective golden weapon and they spawn from monster dens.
LEGO Battles: Ninjago started development as LEGO Battles 2, a direct sequel to the original game. Concept work was done, featuring improved cutscene visuals and the new isometric camera angle, but the game soon shifted direction to become Ninjago themed. LEGO Battles: Ninjago was also planned to have cel-shaded cutscenes at one point, but this was changed to bring it closer in line with the style of the TV show.
- This is the first and only LEGO Battles game (not only that it's based on the theme) to be based on an animated TV series by LEGO.
- Despite being an adaptation of the the animated series, the game doesn't feature actual footage clips from the show, despite it has speaking and all objects, vehicles and creatures in the show are not made of LEGO.
- This is the only Ninjago game adaptation not featuring any dialogue until its later instalments (during that that time, dialogue hasn't introduced in LEGO video games until LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes which it came out a year later). Kai is the only character who spoke his (only) line "Hey" whenever you select him.
|view · talk · editNinjago sets|
|[ full list ] [ minifigures ]|