|LEGO → System → Harry Potter → Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban|
4755 Knight Bus is a Harry Potter set released in 2004. The set depicts the scene in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban where Harry Potter, after fleeing Privet Drive, is picked up by the three-leveled purple Knight Bus, a transport for a stranded witch or wizard. It also includes a lamp post, Harry's trunk, Hedwig, a shrub, and Sirius Black in his dog form. Harry Potter and Stan Shunpike minifigures are included.
The triple-decker purple bus includes three levels for passengers with beds rather than seats, as well as plenty of room for luggage. The windshield piece has the Shrunken Head printed on it. The beds are designed to slide up and down with every bend of the road. Minifigures enter via a door at the back, and the wheels of the Knight Bus roll very easily. There are lots of space aboard the Knight Bus for luggage, and aside from his wand, Harry has a trunk, a bedding tile, and Hedwig. Other accessories in the set are a shrub, a lamppost, and a dog which represents Sirius Black in his Animagus form. Layers between the floors are mostly covered with smooth tiles so the parts come apart easily for playability.
The minifigures in this set are Harry Potter in casual clothing and Stan Shunpike. This particular Harry Potter minifigure is exclusive to the set, and while his torso pattern resembles what he wears in 4714 Gringotts Bank, the particular blue version found in this set is not found anywhere else. Stan is the first LEGO minifigure ever to be made almost completely out of purple bricks, and the police hat piece is in purple for the first time for this minifigure. Another interesting feature of the minifigure is the hair printed on his face. His torso has a purple tie and a conductor's ticket machine. He was exclusive to this set until a redesign of him was released in 4866 The Knight Bus.
The feature that makes this set special for many collectors is the inclusion of so many rare purple bricks. As well as their novelty value, they provide greater opportunities for MOCs (My Own Creations").
- In 2011 it was remade as 4866 The Knight Bus. This new version includes a redesign of the bus as well as minifigures for an Ernie Prang and a cylindrical piece representing the Shrunken Head.
- In this set Stan Shunpike is a driver of the bus; however, in the film, book, and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, it was driven by Ernie Prang. This mistake is fixed in 4866 The Knight Bus.
- This set includes a window piece that has the Shrunken Head printed on it.
- Due to colour consistency problems, in most sets, the Purple bricks were mismatched. This was fixed in the 2011 rendition of the Knight Bus.
- First appearence of Stan Shunpike, Shrunken Head and Padfoot.