|LEGO → System → Castle → Black Falcons|
[[Category:Sets listed for ages 5–12]]
6073 Knight's Castle, also known as Black Knight’s Castle in the UK, is a Castle Black Falcons set designed by Daniel August Krentz and released in 1984. It contained a castle, two horses and six Minifigures, including two archers, two guards and two knights on horseback. This was the first of two castles of the Falcons, being replaced in 1986 with the 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress.
The Knight's Castle was the original stronghold of the faction known today as the Black Falcons. This set was a contemporary of the Crusaders' 6080 King's Castle and mirrored its overall structure albeit being smaller and lacking a proper gatehouse.
It was built on a series of separate green plates, rather than large baseplates, and featured a prison cell and a winch to raise and lower the drawbridge. The prison cell was built into the ground floor of the tower at the right and was closed by a thick black brick-built door attached with hinged bricks, rather than utilizing a one-piece door element.
It was manned by two mounted knights, two spear-carrying guards, and two archers.
The castle could also be opened up, allowing access to the interior.
- This set has the same number and type of minifigures as the succeeding 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress, which only some color differences in the knights pieces. However the Knight's Castle has six shields (two for the knights, two for the spearmen, and two for ornamental purposes) while Black Falcon's Fortress only has two shields (both for the knights) in the entire set. Knight's Castle also has three extra weapons (two spears and a sword), while the only extra weapon in Black Falcon's Fortress is an ax.
- Knight's Castle features a winch for the drawbridge string, and a jail cell; both of which were absent in the succeeding 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress.
- The Black Falcon's banners were coloured green and white in this set, and were changed to blue and white with the release of 1986's 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress.
- For reasons which remain unclear, the entryway of the otherwise all gray Knight's Castle is constructed of red bricks, including the fore-mentioned winch. The drawbridge of the original '70s castle was similarly red.
- The walls featured a design similar to those of other LEGO Castle sets of the 1980s. These modular wall segments could be connected via Technic pins, allowing them to recombine into bigger structures.
|view · talk · editCastle sets of 1984|
|6010 Supply Wagon | 6022 Horse Cart | 6030 Catapult | 6040 Blacksmith Shop | 6061 Siege Tower | 6073 Knight's Castle | 6080 King's Castle | 6103 Knights | KC110 Black Falcon Key Chain - Neck Protector Helmet|
|[ full list ]|