|LEGO → System → Castle → Royal Knights|
LEGO Catalogue Description
|This is a description taken from January 1996 LEGO Shop at Home Catalogue. Do not modify it.|
"Adventure and mystery await you within the many secret rooms and hidden passages of the royal castle. When danger threatens -- quick -- close the drawbridge, and let the brave knights protect the King and his treasure. If all else fails, there's a skeleton and a glow-in-the-dark ghost to scare intruders away!
- This is the first castle that has two gates (after the yellow castle from 1978) and the only set that contains this baseplate and the horse barding piece of the king. Other exclusive pieces are the big Royal Knights flag and King Richard's cape.
- The throne room contains a trap door. The dungeon is situated below a ramp that leads from the drawbridge to the castle yard. Next to the gatehouse with the drawbridge is a secret passage under the walkway. There's also a small catapult mounted on one of the walls.
- The skeleton is fixed under a plate in the yard that can be flipped up to scare intruders away.
- The large corner wall panels were only available in this set and 9376 LEGO DACTA Castle Set.
- The upraised 32 x 48 x 6 with Center Pit and Stones Pattern (Part 6261px1) was only available in this set.
- The castle can be seen as a cameo in the main menu of 5702 LEGO Chess through a window.
- The set is known as King Saxondale Castle in the UK.
|view · talk · editCastle sets of 1995|
|1736 Wizard's Cart | 6008 Royal King | 6036 Skeleton Surprise | 6044 King's Carriage | 6078 Royal Drawbridge | 6090 Royal Knight's Castle|
|[ full list ]|
Ages 8-12. 243 pieces." +