|LEGO → System → Town → Rescue|
The Coast Guard base is built onto two raised grey platforms, as usual for most harbor-related sets of the 1990s. From the pier extends an L-shaped jetty. Next to the Coast Guard base is a helipad on a latticed plate and a gas pump. At the ground floor of the building is a small room with a unique beach map (a sticker) on a table as well as several pieces of equipment. The top floor contains a control room with a radar screen and a computer with a tape recorder.
The helicopter contains a rope winch behind the pilot seat. The boat's superstructure comprises only the open cockpit.
- This was the second LEGO Coast Guard base after 6387 Coastal Rescue Base from 1989. They both feature the same logo.
- This was also the first set that included the new Coast Guard uniforms which reappeared in three sets from 1996 (6334 Wave Jump Racers, 4022 C26 Sea Cutter and 6518 Baja Buggy). However, the blue caps with the logo print only appeared in this particular set.
- Other sets with Coast Guard stations
- 6387 Coastal Rescue Base (1989, Town)
- 6435 Coast Guard HQ (1999, City Center)
- 7047 Coast Watch HQ (2003, World City)
- 4210 Coast Guard Platform (2008, City)
- 7739 Coast Guard Patrol Boat & Tower (2008, City)