|LEGO → System → Space → Ice Planet 2002|
6983 Ice Station Odyssey alternately named ice station Krysto in the UK and Japan is an Ice Planet 2002 set released in 1993. It contains a research station, a rocket transporter, two rockets with satellites, a small sled and three minifigures.
The base contains a control center under the transparent orange canopy, a small rocket launchpad with a missile errector and a magnet crane that can slide back and forth on rail tracks. Inside the base is also a rack mechanism that is used to raise or lower the errector. The rockets are equipped with magnets that allow them to be picked up from the transport truck by the crane to be loaded onto the errector on the launchpad.
- The rockets and satellites are identical to the one included in 6898 Ice-Sat V (the rocket in 6973 Deep Freeze Defender being uniquely designed, although largely similar).
- Rare pieces include the raised baseplate which was only available in this set and the female Ice Planet minifigure which was only available here and in 6973 Deep Freeze Defender.
- The only other set that contained the rectangular radar antenna with the Ice Planet logo was 1704 Ice Enlarger (as snow plough).
- Part 2552px1 is unique to this set.
- Part 2440px5 appears in five sets.
- This is one of two sets in which Part 2582 is trans neon orange.
- This is the only set in which Part 2409 is trans neon orange.
- This is the only set in which Part 2401 is blue.
- This is one of three sets in which Part 2713 is white.
|Space sets released in 1993|
|1711 Snow Scooter | 1916 Starion Patrol | 1967 Bonus Pack | 1969 Bot Assistant | 6741 Blacktron Super Vehicle | 6813 Galactic Chief | 6852 Sonar Security | 6814 Ice Tunnelator | 6834 Celestial Sled | 6879 Blizzard Baron | 6898 Ice-Sat V | 6973 Deep Freeze Defender | 6983 Ice Station Odyssey | 9405 Ice Planet Key Chain | Patch05 Ice Planet Patch|
|[ full list ]|