|LEGO → System → The Simpsons|
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it. (visit this item’s product page)|
Welcome to The Kwik-E-Mart—your one-stop shop for convenience foods at inconvenient prices! This highly detailed and iconic LEGO® version of The Simpsons™ store is packed with more rich, colorful details than a Mr. Burns birthday cake has candles! Walk under the huge Kwik-E-Mart sign and join Homer, Marge and Bart as they browse the aisles filled with beauty products, diapers, dog food, pastries, fruits, vegetables and more—including Krusty-O’s and Chef Lonelyheart’s Soup for One. Then head over to the refrigerated cases where you’ll find Buzz Cola, chocolate milk, various other drinks and snacks… and frozen Jasper! There’s also a Buzz Cola soda fountain, juice dispensers, coffee machine, arcade games, ATM and stacks of Powersauce boxes. At the counter, Apu is ready to tempt you with a variety of printed magazines, comic books, cards, tofu hot dogs, freshly expired donuts and his ever-popular hallucination-inducing Squishees. At the back, there’s a storage closet complete with rat and an exit. On the roof you’ll discover Apu’s secret vegetable garden, while outside this amazing model features bright-yellow walls, 2 phone booths, a stack of purple crates, and a dumpster area with ‘El Barto’ graffiti, opening door and an iconic blue dumpster that also opens. You can also remove the roof and open out the rear walls for easy access. This set also includes Snake (a.k.a. Jailbird), who loves nothing more than stealing cars and robbing the Kwik-E-Mart—but this time Chief Wiggum is hot on his tail in his police car. Capture this bandit and return peace to the town of Springfield and the amazing Kwik-E-Mart. This fantastic set includes 6 minifigures with assorted accessory elements: Homer Simpson, Bart Simpson, Marge Simpson, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Chief Wiggum and Snake (a.k.a. Jailbird).
- Snake Jailbird is exclusive in this set.
- Chief Wiggum's appearance in this set is similar to 71005 The Simpsons Series, but with doughnut stains.
- Bart Simpson, Homer Simpson, and Marge Simpson minifigures are same appearance from 71005 The Simpsons Series.
- Jasper Beardly can be seen inside the fridge. This is a reference to the episode Lisa the Simpson when he froze himself to discover the future and became an attraction at the store known as "Frostilicus".
- Many of the products within the set are callbacks to previous episodes. These include Powersauce bars, copies of The Springfield Inquisitor, the cereal Krusty-Os, Chef Lonely Heart's Meals For One, to name just a few.
- Bumblebee Man can be seen in one of the newspapers. However, he did not made his appearance in the first wave of sets and "Brick Like Me" episode.
- The rooftop garden is a reference to the episode "Lisa The Vegetarian" where Apu reveals to Lisa Simpson he is actually a vegan. He comes up to the garden to escape the world or to see a drive in movie for free.
- There are also a lot of fan service stickers mention the 'Spider-Pig Musical', '50% more fish eyes' in the sea food restaurants and much more.
- This is one of the two current Simpsons sets(excluding the minifigure packs) available as of 2015.