|LEGO → System → City → Police|
7498 Police Station is a City set released in 2011. It contains 783 pieces, which build a jail, garage, interior, police cars, six minifigures and a dog. It is the largest City Police set released in 2011.
The Police Station contains two main builds. One of which is a two story construction including two garages with sliding doors and two jail cells featuring out-folding walls and beds containing hidden crowbars. The other build is a three story office building consisting of a lobby, inmate screening room and an office room at the top. There is also a helipad on the roof which the 7741 Police Helicopter fits onto. The set also includes three vehicles - a Police van with room for a minifigure lying down inside, a Police squad car and Police bicycle.
The set includes six minfigures: two Policemen, a Policewoman, a Detective and two criminals as well as a Police dog.
- This is one of the two only City sets to include a female Police officer. The other one is 3648 Police Chase which is a special edition set.
- This is the third police station released in the last six years.
- The bike seems to create a small humour as the back of the box shows the Crook stealing it.
- A helipad is included, although a helicopter is not included.
- The set features in the comic strip The Big Crime Wave!.
- The police car (left), has a license plate starting with TS, which stands for Tim Scott, one of the designers that designed this set.
- This set was featured on National Geographic Channel, or NatGeo's Ultimate Factories: LEGO, where it showed how this set was made (Designing, Inspiration, Molding, Building).