|LEGO → System → Star Wars → The Clone Wars|
The Proton Cannon has many features such as posable legs that move side to side, up and down and a missile launcher for more realistic play. It has space for one pilot.
Out of the five Minifigures included, one is exclusive, one of them has appeared in only one other standard-release set, another one one of them has appeared in only one other standard-release set and the other two are common. Luminara Unduli makes her second appearance to date, but this time dressed in the Clone Wars style. Captain Rex makes his second appearance (excluding Comic-Con Exclusive Clone Wars Set) to date who features no changes to the original design from when he appeared in 7675 AT-TE Walker back in 2008. The other Minifigures include two standard Battle Droids and one Super Battle Droid which has made it's second appearance to date that features the Missile Launcher Arm that first appeared in 8018 Armoured Assault Tank (AAT).
This set is based off of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "Landing at Point Rain" (Proton Cannon and Rex), "Weapons Factory" (Battle Droids and Super Battle Droid) and "Legacy Of Terror" (Luminara and BARC Speeder).
- The set is also included in the set 66377 Star Wars Super Pack.
- Luminara Unduli has not been released in a set since 2005 in the 7260 Wookiee Catamaran.
- This is the second set to include a Super Battle Droid with a Missile Launcher Arm, the other being the 8018 Armoured Assault Tank (AAT) from 2009 which included 3.
- This is also the second set released to the public that includes a Captain Rex minifigure.
- The set contains the same type BARC speeder as the one from 7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack except in red/maroon and white.
- The set includes a spring loaded cannon.
- This set uses a different design to the Proton Cannon that appears in LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.