- "Mr. Hammond - after careful consideration I've decided not to endorse your park!"
- ―Grant in Jurassic Park
Alan Grant is a world renowned paleontologist working at a dig site just outside Snakewater, Montana. He is invited by John Hammond to his theme park: Jurassic Park on Isla Nublar. He and his partner Ellie Sattler accept the offer in exchange for a further three years of dig funding. When they arrive Grant is astonished by the sight of a living, breathing Brachiosaurus. The characters see how the DNA was extracted and then witness the birth of a Velociraptor. Alan appears again in Jurassic Park III. Alan has continued to work as a paleontologist, this time at a dig site near Fort Peck Lake, Montana. His relationship with Ellie has ended. Now he has a new partner, Billy Brennan, his apparent protege, but it is Alan who must rein in Billy's headstrong tendencies.
Gallery of Video Game Variants
- Alan Grant supposed to appeared in 1370 Raptor Rumble Studio, but instead he got replaced by Johnny Thunder from Adventurers.
- In the video game, his torso is very similar to Thunder's.
- Alan Grant is portrayed by Sam Neill in the Jurassic Park films. He also played an Asgardian Actor portaying Odin in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Video Game Appearances
TV series appearances
- LEGO Jurassic World: Legend of Isla Nublar (flashback)