The Basilisk is said to be at least 60 feet long, and as with most snakes, it will shed its skin eventually. It is also the "dreaded monster" of the Chamber of Secrets at Hogwarts. Harry Potter killed it, preventing further attacks on the students of Hogwarts. He then used one of its fangs to destroy Tom Riddle's diary. This made Tom Riddle evaporate, saving Ginny Weasley. However, that same fang had been stuck in Harry's arm, almost killing him as well, if it had not been for Fawkes. In the Deathly Hallows, Ron and Hermione go into the tomb of the dead basilisk and gather its fangs to destroy the Horcruxes.
- The version of the Basilisk from 4730 The Chamber of Secrets is in the game LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures and it only appears in the Well of Souls level. Although it was not featured with its detailed printings.
- Although this Basilisk model was used for LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, the version in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 was redesigned larger, and is built from many LEGO Elements.
- Its teeth are glow-in-the dark knives.
- In the Harry Potter books, the Basilisk is the spider's worst enemy.
- Its overall appearance and depiction is similar to that of The Great Devourer, under Ninjago.
- it was released as a snake in 71043 Hogwarts Castle.
Gallery of Variations
Other Physical Appearances
Video Game Appearances