Brickipedia, located at brickipedia.fandom.com, is Fandom's largest LEGO wiki, and was founded on January 29, 2006. Brickipedia's goal is to provide a free online encyclopedia on everything LEGO, created and maintained by a community of users just like you. Through the efforts of many users since then, Brickipedia has reached a size of 36,655 articles.
The first days of the LEGO wiki
When this wiki was first created, Brickipedia was obviously small. The only user active was the first administrator, Darth smith. However, this user left this wiki and other wikis alike, and has been inactive since October of 2007.
After that, roaming editors would make some edits (50 edits were considered a lot, considering the amount of articles then). The number of active users started to grow, reaching 44 at the end of 2008, and 146 at the end of 2009.
Today, Brickipedia is a popular, well known website with users who strive to edit to show off their knowledge for LEGO. We even have articles based on sets from the next year coming!
We also have votes and forums on voting for different things, such as Brickipedian of the Month, Featured Article of the Month (which now has a new Review Board), and even Userbox proposals, so that you can spice up your userpage to look even better than before! You can also ask for items or pages to be deleted.
If you have any knowledge of LEGO, or even just want to help out on a wiki, come join us! We want to know how much you love LEGO ourselves.
- Brickipedia has 36,655 articles and a total of 370,382 pages.
- Brickipedia has 120,033 files.
- On Brickipedia, a total of 2,042,737 edits have been made by our many editors.
- On September 21, 2010, Brickipedia's 10,000th article was created.
- In July 2011, Brickipedia's 15,000th article was created.
- On August 25 2011, Brickipedia's 16,000th article was created.
- In November 2011, Brickipedia's 17,000th article was created.
- In December 2011, Brickipedia's 18,000th article was created.
- On February 19, 2012, Brickipedia's 19,000th article was created.
- On April 22, 2012, Brickipedia's 20,000th article was created.
- On June 19, 2012, Brickipedia's 21,000th article was created.
- In February, 2014 Brickipedia splits, creating a divide in the userbase as several active users move to an independently hosted Brickimedia (now Shoutwiki), however, Brickipedia remains strong.
- On January 29, 2016, Brickipedia celebrated its 10th year of existence.
- On January 3rd, 2019 Brickipedia teamed up with other LEGO Fandom wikis to create the Fandom Brick Communities Discord Server.
- On February 21, 2020, Brickipedia's 34,000th article was created.
- On February 23, 2020, Brickipedia changed its URL to brickipedia.fandom.com
|view · talk · edit Culture|
|Websites||LEGO.com / Message Boards / Brickset / Brickipedia / BrickLink / JANGBRICKS|
|Events and Groups||Brickfair / Brickworld / LEGO Ambassador Network / LEGO Certified Professional / LEGO User Group / LEGO KidsFest|
|Other||List of LEGO Abbreviations / List of references to LEGO in media|