Carnage is a villainous hybrid of two evil beings.
Carnage's human half is Cletus Kasady, a murderer who was born in the Ravenscroft Mental-Institute to an unwell mother. As a child he proved himself to be evil and violent, growing up to be a deranged criminal who was imprisoned in the very institute where he was born.
Cletus became cellmates with Eddie Brock, one-half of Venom. When Eddie's alien symbiote came to break him out, it left behind its red offspring which bonded to Cletus. While the Venom symbiote was bonded by connecting to its host's hatred, the new symbiote bonded by its host's bloodlust.
The bond between Cletus and the symbiote became so great that the two were inseparable, identifying as a single entity in the form of Carnage. Carnage would use its great power for the love of violence and anarchy, committing acts of meaningless violence. In addition to this, Carnage could generate long tendrils and turn its limbs into sharp weapons at command.
Carnage was one of the inmates that had broken out of Ryker's during the super villain breakout.
Gallery of Variants
Video Game Variants
- 76036 Carnage's SHIELD Sky Attack
- 76113 Spider-Man Bike Rescue
- 76163 Venom Crawler
- 76173 Spider-Man and Ghost Rider vs. Carnage
- 76178 Daily Bugle
Other Physical Appearances
- 76199 Carnage (Bust)
Video Game Appearances
- In trailers for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is a scene of Venom breaking out from jail, but in the game he was replaced by Carnage.
- He has the same character movement and abilities (except Big Figure transform) as Venom.
- In Venom: Let There Be Carnage he is played by Woody Harrelson who also played Tobias Beckett in Solo: A Star Wars Story.