- "Me build, therefore me am!"
The Caveman has a large black monobrow and a wide grin. The torso design shows a striped animal skin pelt with a bone over a partially exposed hairy chest. His legs are similarly printed with the striped pattern. He comes with a black hair and beard piece and a brown club, similar to but smaller than the Castle troll club. His flesh tone is yellow.
Facts from the LEGO Minifigures Character Encyclopaedia
- The Caveman was the first character in the Minifigures line to have a monobrow.
- He was also the first Minifigure to carry this new club element.
- His tattered hide is the "very height of prehistoric fashion".
- He uses a bone instead of buttons to hold his hide on.
- He likes inventing new objects, and dislikes not inventing them first.
- The Caveman's face is available on the LEGO Universe version of LEGO Digital Designer.
- He is the Cave Woman's husband.
- Parts of this minifigure appeared in the Build-a-Minifigure bins at LEGO Stores.
- This Caveman has a pet mammoth named Henry.
- The Caveman’s proudest accomplishment was inventing the wheel. He was very sad when he found out someone else did it first.
- The Caveman sometimes falls asleep at the natural history museum and wakes up on display.
- The Caveman appears to be based off pop culture depictions of early people, similar to the Gorilla Suit Guy, who acts more like a gorilla in early film than a real gorilla.
- His quote is probably based on René Discartes' philosophical proposition "Cogito ergo sum." translated to English as "I think, therefore I am".
Magazine appearance s
- LEGO Club Magazine Issue 3 2010 - Time To Get Mini With It!
Video Game appearances
… “Me build, therefore me am!”<br />This would-be inventor from the prehistoric past is always tinkering with sticks, rocks and the occasional bricks he finds lying around, trying to invent something new. Of course, everything he comes up with has already been invented – he’s a Caveman with a tiny little brain, after all – but that doesn’t stop him from trying. He never gets jokes and usually needs things explained to him with gestures and pictures…and even then, he gets it wrong most of the time.The Caveman is very strong and always hungry. If something looks like it might be food, he’ll try to take a bite, and if it runs away, he’ll lift his club up above his head and chase it down. Not a lot of people know it, but he’s also an excellent artist who can create incredible landscapes and murals using only the simplest of tools!d murals using only the simplest of tools! +