- "Honk honk!"
- ―Circus Clown
- 1 Description
- 2 Background
- 3 Notes
- 4 Facts from the LEGO Minifigures Character Encyclopaedia
- 5 LEGO.com Description
- 6 Stats
- 7 Appearances
- 8 Gallery
- 9 See Also
The Circus Clown includes many unique parts and features. He has a large red afro hairpiece, which was later used in black for the Disco Dude from Series 2. His face shows white makeup around his mouth and a red nose. His torso is lime green with printing showing red buttons and a red and white polka dot bow tie, and his trousers are made of two colours, light blue and red. There are patches of the opposite colour on each leg. He also comes with a golden horn. He wears a pair of white gloves rather than having hands of the same colour as his flesh tone, which is yellow.
In an animation, the Clown is surrounded by a group of minifigures juggling their accessories. Eventually the clown loses his balance and all the accessories fall on the wrong minifigures as a disaster. The group of minifigures then run after him while the clown is running off with his horn.
The LEGO Movie
In The LEGO Movie, the Circus Clown is among the Master Builders that meet in Cloud Cuckoo Land. At one point, he and Lizard Man were face painting Batman in Cloud Cuckoo Land when the Fellowship of Strangers arrive. He is also a member of Clown Town, which is one of the many realms in the universe. Emmet also briefly dresses as him when picking his clothes to start the day.
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part
In The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, the Circus Clown is first seen in Harmony Town dancing alongside other minifigures and mini-dolls under control of the "Catchy Song". Later on, two Circus Clowns are seen among a crowd of other minifigures, minidolls, and Duplos attending the wedding of Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi and Batman. The clowns are also seen crying after Emmet crashes the wedding.
- This minifigure, unlike most other minifigures, has a nose printed on its face.
- Two other clowns (Small Clown and Sad Clown) were released in Series 5 and 10. Instead of a horn, the small clown has a pie and the sad clown has nothing.
- Parts of this minifigure appeared in the Build-a-Minifigure bins at the LEGO Store.
- The Circus Clown's face is available on the Expanded version of LEGO Digital Designer.
- His hairpiece is the same as Disco Dude's, but in red.
- He appears in the LEGO Lord of the Rings mini-movie, "Mayhem in the Mines".
- His face is used in the Gotham Funland in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.
- It mentions in Samurai Warrior's bio that one of Circus Clown's gags had once made him laugh.
- He appears in The LEGO Movie as a Master Builder and joined the meeting in Cloud Cuckoo Land, as well as a costume that Emmet has.
- He makes several cameos in the Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.
- The Clown Robbers (known as Lou, Max and Wes) from LEGO City Undercover looked identical to the Circus Clown, Lou has the same hairpiece as the Clown from minifigures.
Facts from the LEGO Minifigures Character Encyclopaedia
- At the time it was released, the Circus Clown was the only minifigure to have the horn as its accessory.
- Different coloured plastic is used to each leg.
- The Circus Clown was the first appearance of this new hair element.
- He likes laughter and dislikes seriousness.
- 8683 Minifigures Series 1
- Clown Animation
- LEGO Club Magazine Issue 1 2011 - Minifigures All Around Town!
- LEGO Club Magazine Issue 3 2010 - Time To Get Mini With It!
- Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
Video Game Appearances
- Small Clown
- Inventory:Circus Clown
- Clown Badge
- Green Clown (Minifigures)
- Sad Clown
- Krusty the Clown
- Party Clown