- This article is about the minifigure named "Biff Barker" in July-August 2007 LEGO Magazine. For the character from the May-June 2007 LEGO BrickMaster Magazine, see Trike Driver.
The Claw-Tank Driver wears the standard Mars Mission astronaut white and orange spacesuit, with a white helmet and gold visor. He reuses the face of the 4589 RC Nitro Flash racecar driver from Drome Racers.
When piloting the Gripley, the Claw-Tank Driver does not wear a helmet.
The Claw-Tank Driver is an expert in robotics, engineering, and field maintenance, making him an ideal candidate for operating the MT-51 Claw-Tank. If the vehicle is damaged during an Alien ambush, the Claw-Tank Driver can repair it.
In 4850307 LEGO Battles, the Claw-Tank Driver operates the Gripley, a modified mining mech suit acting as Earth's Mounted unit. However, in the Earth Act 3 cutscene, the Trooper is given the Gripley's key card instead. In the Earth Final cutscene, the Claw-Tank Driver is among the Earth Command units celebrating their victory over the Alien army.
- In the July-August 2007 issue of LEGO Magazine, the Claw-Tank Driver introduces himself by name, Biff Barker. He shares his given name with Biff Starling, a previous minifigure sent to Mars. The name Biff would later be reused for the Mars Mission astronaut Biff in 4850307 LEGO Battles, who has a different design from the Claw-Tank Driver. In the LEGO BrickMaster Magazine-exclusive Mars Mission Menace! comic, the Trike Driver is implied to be named Biff Barker; this might be explained by the fact that Biff Barker's dialogue in Mars Mission Menace! is spoken over the radio, instead of directly coming from the Trike Driver himself.
- 7690 MB-01 Command Base
- 7697 MT-51 Claw Tank Ambush
- 7699 MT-101 Armoured Drilling Unit
- 7648 MT-21 Mobile Mining Unit
- 7644 MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Aircraft
- 7645 MT-61 Crystal Reaper
- 4850307 LEGO Battles (as Gripley)
- LEGO Magazine July-August 2007, Page 3