- This article is about the character. For the film, see 2854298 LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers.
- "Time to get creative."
- ―Clutch in LEGO: The Adventures of Cluch Powers.
Clutch Powers is a LEGO minifigure that appears in the movie LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers, released in February of 2010. Clutch is famous, due to being the "greatest LEGO explorer ever", and heroic, but proud. He stars as the main character of the movie and is portrayed by Chuck star Ryan McPartlin.
Clutch Powers is the most famous builder/explorer in LEGO City. In his early life, his father, Rock Powers, was away on adventures most of the time, and on one of these adventures Rock went missing. Clutch still blames his dad for going missing. Clutch's last memories of Rock are his journal and a picture of him. Clutch still looks up to his father, though, and respects the fact that "he never needed a team".
Years later in "Questing for Quests", Clutch Powers appears in person, having discovered an ancient pyramid in the Desert of Doom. However, Clutch refuses to enter the pyramid based on the likely dangers, commenting that you'd need the skills of a Ninja to survive. Having heard his report, the Ninja decide to travel to the pyramid and offer Clutch their services. In "Booby-Traps, and How to Survive Them", Clutch is initially intent on refusing the Ninja, until he receives a call from Cecil Putnam of the Explorers Club. Upon being informed that his membership is being cancelled due to not exploring for ten years, he reluctantly agrees to serve as the Ninja's guide.
Throughout the expedition Clutch continues to refer to his book, Booby-Traps, and How to Survive Them, and they later come across the remains an old colleague of his named Hageman who likewise carried a copy. Clutch is quick to point out that Hageman hadn't finished the book, and the group presses on. After Jay releases Aspheera from her tomb, Clutch runs-supposedly for help-only to get stuck on the outside face of the pyramid. Aspheera orders him to take her to Ninjago City, but Clutch refuses, attempting to ward her off with a supposed protective charm. As lava spews from the pyramid, Clutch is then launched through the air on a boulder.
In "The News Never Sleeps!", Clutch lands in Ninjago City in the midst of a fire snake invasion, and is found by Lil' Nelson and Antonia. He tells them of the peril the Ninja are in and that someone must be warned, but is too groggy from his crash-landing to act himself.
Clutch powers has an Indiana Jones-esque torso. On his left shoulder, he has the LEGO logo, most likely a patch to symbolize him working for the LEGO Team. His hair is a black version of Clone Wars-era Anakin Skywalker's hair. His pants have a new design on them: they show a belt around the waist over an otherwise completely blue pair of legs. Also, because of being a LEGO Film minifigure, his legs do not have holes in the back. Clutch has a unique head, which has never appeared in a set. On his left arm, he has a red watch that looks like the W005 LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader Watch. During his visit on Ashlar, Clutch had a special holder for a Stormtrooper blaster. It did not work due to Mallock the Malign's evil sorcery.
Power Miners Helmet Version
There is not much of a difference between this version and Clutch's regular clothing. He wears Power Miner Brains' helmet. Clutch uses the visors for seeing through rocks to find crystals. The helmet helped Clutch when he built and flung himself with a slingshot by keeping his head protected while going right through a boulder.
Mars Mission Outfit
In the chapters "Space Mission," "Looking for Guidance," "Prison Planet," and "Rocket Science," Clutch uses this outfit to breath oxygen outside Earth. It also has a carrier for his blaster. In the movie, he does not have to take off his hair to put on the helmet the suit comes with. Unlike the real minifigure torso, Clutch's has jean straps on the back to hold up the rest of the suit.
The Ninjago Clutch minifigure wears a similar shirt and jacket to his original civilian clothing, but the jacket has larger pockets on the front, a patch on the right side, and a logo bearing Clutch's initials on the left. He wears tan pants and a black belt, and carries a brown whip. Clutch's head is printed with two expressions, both showing long sideburns and stubble around his mouth and chin. An eye patch is printed on both sides, with the side featuring a cocky grin having the eye patch lifted to reveal his intact eye beneath.
- 2854298 LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers
- LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 40342 Ninjago Minifigure Set
- His name "Clutch Powers" is derived from the meaning of LEGO blocks coming together, and being able to lock-in together.
- He owns the Agents Turbocar.
- He once mistook a Rock Monster baby for a huge Crystal.
- He also appears in the LEGOLAND 4-D film "LEGO City: A Clutch Powers 4-D Adventure" with a jet pack.
- In the movie, he has a torso similar to Indiana Jones'. The only differences are that Clutch Powers has the LEGO logo on his shoulder, and the skin showing around is collar is Yellow instead of Light Nougat. However in the upcoming physical minifig form, the arm printing does not appear and instead, a patch with his initials "CP" appears on the front.
- He is one of two characters in the LEGO universe to be named Clutch, the other being Clutch from LEGO City Undercover.
- Also he is one of two characters carrying surname Powers, the other is Sherland Powers from LEGO Universe.