James Gordon is a Batman minifigure that appeared in LEGO Batman: The Videogame. He appeared in physical form in 2013. He is the Gotham City Police Commissioner, a friend of Batman, and the father of Barbara Gordon. He reappears in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and as a downloadable character in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.
In The LEGO Batman Movie, Commissioner Gordon is voiced by Héctor Elizondo.
- 1 Description
- 2 Background
- 3 LEGO.com Description
- 4 Gallery of Variants
- 5 Notes
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Gallery
- 8 See Also
Gordon's physical variation is based on his appearance in The Dark Knight Rises. He has Mutt Williams' hairpiece. He has black, rectangular-rimmed glasses, and a large dark brown mustache and a second face with a scared expression. His torso is dark blue and mostly features a dark grey, bulletproof vest with the word SWAT on it. He has back printing similar to the front, but with more back pockets. His arms are also dark blue, his hands are flesh, and his legs are black.
James Gordon is the commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department and one of the few honest officers. He also was one of the only police officers to show Bruce Wayne compassion after his parents' murder, hence why Bruce respects and trusts Gordon so much. Early in Batman's career he formed an alliance with the hero and the district attorney Harvey Dent to take down organized crime in Gotham. However, during a trial Dent was scarred by Sal's "Boss" Maroni and half of his face was hideously scarred. Dent turned into a villain himself, taking the name Two-Face. Though Dent's transformation shook Gordon and Batman, they continued their alliance. Although Gordon doesn't approve of Batman's vigilante methods, as he appreciates the results and protects him from other police officers, such as Harvey Bullock, who don't trust him.
In The Dark Knight Rises
Eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, Gordon has lied in order help cover up the fact that Harvey Dent had murdered five people, which Batman took the blame for. He has decided to resign as Commissioner, but decided against saying so. As Bane is rising and Batman returns, Gordon enters the sewers accidentally, gets hurt, and is brought to Bane. Bane takes the speech Gordon had prepared before Gordon jumped into the sewage pump. He sits in the hospital, operating through Batman and John Blake. Bane defeats Batman and isolates and takes complete control of Gotham. He reveals that Dent was responsible for the five murders and John Blake is disgusted with Gordon, though he still works with him.
When Batman returns to Gotham from the pit, Gordon helps Batman overthrow Bane and Talia Al Ghul by placing a distorter on the nuclear bomb. Batman reveals his identity to Gordon, shortly before he seemingly sacrifices himself. Gordon stays as police Commissioner.
In LEGO Batman
In LEGO Batman: The Videogame, Commissioner Gordon was armed with a pistol and appeared in all three stories and the prologue. He was a boss on the level A Surprise for the Commissioner and was unlocked for purchase afterwards.
In the video game's prologue, Gordon appeared right at the end where he is seen pushing a red button on his desk which lights up the bat-signal.
- Riddler's Revenge
- Power Crazed Penguin
During Power Crazed Penguin, Commissioner Gordon and the Police Force confronted Bane and The Penguin at the dock when they stole a satellite that was being delivered. Penguin escaped on his submarine with the satellite, but he abandoned Bane. Bane became angry and threw a police car into the air, which landed back on himself, knocking him out. He was towed to back to Arkham Asylum.
- Joker's Return
When The Joker and Killer Moth arrived to free Harley Quinn, Gordon was determined to defeat them and dispatched three mobile headquarters and many S.W.A.T. agents to do so. They were destroyed by the clown walker, but Gordon survived and called for help from Batman.
Later, after The Joker and Harley Quinn were defeated, Gordon was there to arrest them and send them back to Arkham Asylum.
In LEGO Batman 2
Commissioner Gordon appears after Batman and Robin stop The Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler, Bane, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn from escaping Arkham Asylum. He informs them that only The Joker seems to have escaped. He heard how it seemed as though Lex Luthor had free Joker, and suggested that Batman did something about it before the Presidential Election the next day. He was then informed of a break-in at Ace Chemicals by a Police Officer, and when he turned around, realized that many of the Asylum Inmates had escaped.
On the portable versions, his minikit can be found in the level Assault the VTOL. He costs 20,000 studs.
In The LEGO Batman Movie
Commissioner James Gordon appears in The LEGO Batman Movie.
LEGO Batman Movie
Jim Gordon has devoted his entire life to serving and protecting the people of Gotham City. Starting as a simple beat cop, he worked his way up to detective, and finally to Commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department. After a long and celebrated career of cooperation with the city’s top Super Hero, Jim is finally ready to retire and go on a South African jungle safari but he feels confident in leaving the job in his daughter’s capable hands. Bat-Fact: Has had the same mustache since childhood.
One of Batman’s staunchest allies, the hard-working Commissioner Gordon™ has spent his entire long career cleaning up the streets of Gotham City. Ever since his days as a beat cop, he has always performed his duty by the good old-fashioned rules, no matter what chaos Gotham City’s many super-villains may have thrown his way. Now that he’s retiring, what changes lie in store for his beloved city?
Gallery of Variants
Video Game Variations
- In The Dark Knight trilogy, Gordon is played by Gary Oldman, who also plays Sirius Black from Harry Potter, and Lord Vortech the main antagonist from LEGO Dimensions.
- Although Gordon doesn't appear in his original appearance in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham as he only appeared in his Dark Knight Rises appearance thru The Dark Knight trilogy DLC (the other characters only appear in their Dark Knight trilogy appearances were Two-Face, Ra's Al Ghul and The Scarecrow).
- Even though he has a somewhat large role in many Batman films and comics, he was never made into a minifigure until 2013- seven years after the first Batman sets were released.
- In LEGO DC Super-Villains, Tom Kane reprised his role from Batman: Arkham Asylum. He also voiced Gandalf in LEGO Dimensions, Professor Utonium in The Powerpuff Girls, and Admiral Ackbar in the Star Wars franchise perspectly,
- In the Latin America dubs of The Dark Knight and The LEGO Batman Movie, he was voiced by Salvador Delgado, who also voiced Sirius Black in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Qui-Gon Jinn in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Alan Grant in the Jurassic Park films and Belloq in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- In The Batman, James Gordon is played by Jeffrey Wright, who also voiced The Watcher in the animated Marvel series What If...?.
- 76001 The Bat vs. Bane: Tumbler Chase
- 70908 The Scuttler
- 71017 The LEGO Batman Movie Series
- 76120 Batman Batwing and the Riddler Heist
- 76183 Batcave: The Riddler Face-Off
- LEGO Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite
- LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout
- The LEGO Batman Movie
Video Game Appearances
- LEGO Batman: The Videogame
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
- LEGO Dimensions
- LEGO DC Super-Villains