- "Disassemble! Demolish! Deconstruct!"
- ―Demolition Dummy
The Demolition Dummy, also known as simply Dummy, is a minifigure that was released in 2010 as part of 8683 Minifigures Series 1 with him still making various LEGO media appearances in the years since.
This minifigure is based on a crash test dummy and comes with a wrench accessory, a "PA7 70" number plate printed on a 1x2 flat tile and black display stand. The dummy has a neutral expression and numerous crash symbols. The entire dummy is printed with a yellow flesh tone with black and grey printing. Its hips are also black.
Facts from the LEGO Minifigures Character Encyclopaedia
- His licence plate is from a dismantled car.
- His wrench used for taking bricks apart.
- No one knows what the Demolition Dummy is actually thinking.
- He likes brick walls and dislikes one-piece objects.
The Dummy appears in LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed as a tank with the abilities Wrench in Their Plans, Look BIzZz at BIzZz Me! BIzZz, Some Reassembly Required and We Can Rebuild Them...
He is notable for his ability to tank attacks thanks to Hardy, Payback and Taunt.
The LEGO Movie
The Demolition Dummy appears in The LEGO Movie. He is among the Master Builders that meet in Cloud Cuckoo Land to see the special. When Vitruvius informs the Master Builders of Lord Business's plan he is seen getting scared and running behind Michaelangelo before being calmed down by Vitruvius.
He is later caught by the Super Secret Police and is among the last two Master Builders being imprisoned alongside the other Master Builders in the Think Tank by Lord business, possibly indicating he was better at hiding than the other Master Builders. He is seen being seen dragged in by his cheek by a Skele-tron alongside the El Macho Wrestler.
After Emmet sacrifices himself, he is seen mourning him. He presumably took part in the battle of Bricksburg and the subsequent celebrations.
|This is a description taken from LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed. Do not modify it.|
Designed to immediately dismantle everything it gets its crushingly powerful hands on, the Demolition Dummy sometimes has a hard time fitting in with its build-happy colleagues. That said, when anyones got a need for disassembly, from collecting spare car parts to opening a stuck jam jar, they know they can always call on the Demolition Dummy for a blank smile and a helping hand. Just don't ask it for a neck massage or anything.
- The Demolition Dummy's face is available on the LEGO Universe version of LEGO Digital Designer.
- The "PA77O" on the license plate is for "Patto", the nickname of the team's graphic designer Micheal Patton.
- The Demolition Dummy is terrible at jigsaw puzzles but he's great at bowling.
- The Demolition Dummy got his driver's license on his first try.
- Sometimes when he's bored, the Demolition Dummy takes himself apart and waits for someone to come put him back together.
- In The LEGO Movie Video Game, he is referred as Test Dummy.
- The Demolition Dummy's habit of taking things apart is similar to that of the Evil Robot, but the Demolition Dummy's intentions are not evil.
- His parts are available in the character customizer in LEGO Batman 3.
- He is playable in both LEGO City Undercover games.
- Despite his defining trait being disassembling objects he is shown as a master builder in The LEGO Movie.
- He is an unlockable character in LEGO Legacy Heroes unboxed
- He is a special character in LEGO Tower. If you collect the required pieces you can convert a minifigure into him to get increased rent.
- When converted he posts the following quote to BrickBook: "Disassemble! Demolish! Deconstruct!"
- LEGO Club Magazine Issue 3 2010 - Time To Get Mini With It!
Other Animated appearances
Video Game Appearances
- The LEGO Movie Video Game
- LEGO City Undercover
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Parts available in customizer)
- LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
- Track Crasher
- LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed
- LEGO Tower