- "Hello, I'm Emmet. I'm just gonna come right out, I have no idea what's going on. At all."
Emmet has been working most of his life on the construction site as an instruction worker in the city of Bricksburg. He longs to be popular, but his co-workers hardly notice he's there. He lives life by the book--literally--and builds things only from the instructions. Because of this, however, he is mostly boring and uncreative, except for at some moment of inspiration, like his inventing the "double decker couch". He is not a fan of adventure or danger either, both of which give him reason for "freaking out". His boss is Frank the Foreman.
One day, however, he stumbles upon the Piece of Resistance while going after Wyldstyle, which makes the Master Builders mistake him as being "The Special". From that point on, he is caught in a desperate struggle between the powers of order and imagination by Lord Business and the Master Builders, respectively--as well as his self-acceptance in being special in his own ways.
- Emmet's hairpiece is similar to Part 3901, but has hair sticking out in the back, and has lines on it.
- In LEGO Movie the Video Game, Emmet has a new instruction build ability.
- When trying to build in the video game, Emmet can't build simple builds, if he does, then he puts all the pieces in all the wrong spots.
- Unlike most modern "human" minifigures, as well as most of the other characters in the film, Emmet's eyes do not have pupils.
- Emmet's car is the same car from 3177 Small Car, but in different colours and the addition of mirrors.
- The red brick on his back is glued on with a substance called "Kragle", and is called the "Piece of Resistance".
- His poncho variant will be included with pre-orders for The LEGO Movie Video Game from EB Games.
- The red brick on his back is a Krazy Glue cap, which is the Kragle in the movie.
- His last name is Brickowski, as revealed by the Junior Novel.
- 30280 Piece of Resistance
- 70800 Getaway Glider
- 70801 Melting Room
- 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
- 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
- 70808 Super Cycle Chase
- 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
- 70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow
- 70814 Emmet's Construction Mech
- 71004 The LEGO Movie Series
- Pyjamas Emmet