- "Today is the end of the Republic! The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder! At this very moment, in a system far from here the New Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome Resistance. This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand, will bring an end to the Senate! To their cherished fleet! All remaining systems will bow to the First Order! And will remember this... as the last day of the Republic!""
- ―Hux's speech to the First Order to destroy the New Republic's capital of Hosnian Prime.
- "Long live the Supreme Leader."
- ―Hux's line to the new Supreme leader, Kylo Ren.
General Armitage Hux was a high-ranking officer within the First Order, the successor to the Galactic Empire, thirty years after the fall of Darth Vader and Palpatine. He was the General in charge of the superweapon Starkiller Base, working alongside Kylo Ren. Ren was the apprentice of Snoke, the First Order's Supreme Leader.
It was Hux who commanded the destruction of the Hosnian system, capital of the New Republic, by the Starkiller weapon. D'Qar, home base of the Resistance, was intended as the superweapon's next target. However, Resistance pilots lead by Poe Dameron launched a counterattack to destroy Starkiller Base, which succeeded. As the planet-converted superweapon collapsed around him, Hux was ordered by Snoke to flee with Kylo Ren, who had been injured following a duel with Rey.
Hux later leads the pursuit of the Resistance by attacking their fleet as they flee D'Qar. He captures Finn and Rose Tico with the help of DJ. After the Mega-class Star Dreadnought Supremacy gets damaged by a surprise attack by Holdo, Hux finds Snoke dead and is forced to follow Kylo Ren as the new Supreme Leader. He later aids Kylo Ren in his battle against the Resistance on Crait.
Hux has become embittered because of the lack of respect he receives and his rivalry with Allegiant General Pryde, who constantly undermines Hux while vying for his job. Hux is later revealed to have been a spy supplying information to the Resistance in order to undermine Ren in the hopes of taking his place as Supreme Leader (or at least seeing Ren falling along with the First Order if necessary); he tells Finn, "I don't care if you win. I need Kylo Ren to lose." Hux helps Finn, Poe and Chewbacca escape Ren's Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Steadfast and has Finn shoot him in the leg so he can feign an effort to stop them. However, he is shot in the chest with a blaster by Pryde after the latter realizes Hux's treason through his cover story. Hux’s decision to allow the rebels to escape is a major catalyst for the Resistance's victory in the Battle of Exegol.
- In Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars:The Last Jedi, Hux is played by Domhnall Gleeson, who is also known for playing Bill Weasley in the Harry Potter films.