Gorilla Grodd is a Super Heroes minifigure released in 2015. He first appeared as an unlockable character in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes with downloadable content available from EB Games. He is a major enemy of The Flash.
Gorilla Grodd is a distinguished and intelligent gorilla from the city of Gorilla City which is ruled by intelligent gorillas like him. After a meteorite crashed nearby Grodd in Gorilla City, the ape found himself instilled with telepathic and telekinetic powers. Grodd used these newfound abilities to conquer the city and try to conquer the Earth only to be defeated by The Flash, deposed from his throne and exiled. After Grodd's defeat, he was imprisoned but refused to give up and always tried to fight The Flash or the Justice League to achieve his goal with his super intelligence and telepathic helmet.
In the DC Animated Universe, Grodd was a scientist from Gorilla City who created a helmet which allowed him to have the power of telepathy. Gorilla was banished from his home and found himself in Central City where after a fight with the Flash, he had his helmet badly damaged resulting in an accident that left him with natural telepathic powers.
Grodd went on to create the Secret Society group to fight the Justice League and later the Legion of Doom, only for it to be taken over by Lex Luthor.
In LEGO Batman 2
The Gotham City News mentions a time in the past when Grodd teamed up with Brainiac. He is a famous villain.
Gallery of Variants
- Grodd's LEGO DC Super-Villains voice actor David Sobolov reprised his role from The Flash and Justice League Action.
- His appearance is similar to Winston's from Overwatch.
- His original minifigure version resembles the Gorilla Suit Guy.
- LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs Bizarro League
- LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom!