Hero Recon Team was a program by Design byME that allowed you to customize and build your own heroes. As a downside, Hero Recon Team had fewer pieces than the LDD application and only allowed you to purchase a limited amount of pieces. In the LDD Hero Factory download, there are over 90 pieces, that could be customized into nearly anything, unlike Recon Team, which allowed only a standard Hero.
- On the website caption, "Hero Recon Team" was misspelled Hero "Reckon" Team.
- If you get LDD Extended mode, you can find most (if not all) of the 2011 Hero and Villain pieces in any colour on the palette.
- The Hero Recon editor had an exclusive chest plate colour.
- Hero Recon Team stopped taking orders on April 11, 2012, but upgraded the hero creator with a 3D version, similar to LDD, but with more Hero Factory.
- It is revealed in the movie Breakout that Rocka works for the Hero Recon Team, granting him access to top secret information, such as a secret frequency to contact Professor Nathaniel Zib. He was placed in charge of guarding the black hole staff.
- If you look carefully, you will see easter eggs in Hero Factory episodes.