The Iron Spider was a high-tech suit built by Tony Stark to be a new costume for Spider-Man, it was destroyed during the Civil War when Peter Parker defected to Captain America's side and was attacked.
During the Spider-Verse event we'd see an alternate reality Spider-Man who consistently used the armour.
Years later, a variant of the suit would be obtained by the super-criminal Aaron Davis, AKA The Prowler, uncle to Miles Morales from Earth-1610 AKA The Ultimate Universe. Davis would rename himself Iron Spider and be a villainous iteration of the figure who'd join the Sinister Six.
Ultimate Spider-Man/Amadeus Cho
It was later used by Amadeus Cho who in normal universes is the Hulk-inspired hero known as Brawn, Chulk, or the Totally Awesome Hulk.
Gallery of Variants
Video Game Variants
- 76037 Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-up
- 76151 Venomosaurus Ambush
- 76175 Attack on the Spider Lair
Video Game Appearances
- LEGO Marvel's Avengers (as Amadeus Cho & Iron Spider)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (Amadeus Cho & Hulk in DLC only)
- Iron Spider has four mechanical tentacles in 76037 Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-up, when in the show Ultimate Spider-Man, he only has three; presumably this is because creating a four-arm rig for the minifigure is easier than making a three-arm one.
- He is the first Ultimate Spider-Man minifigure to be from Spider-Man's New Warriors team (not counting Spider-Man himself).