- "Don't worry, if the falling rocks don't crush you, I will."
Kruncha is a Ninjago minifigure released in summer of 2011. He appears in LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, mostly arguing with Nuckal. He is the Skulkin General of Earth and second in command of the skeleton army.
Second in command of the Skulkin Army, Kruncha is the hard-headed, strong skeleton General of Earth. He has seemed to be good at driving, and Samukai trusted him as his responsible 2nd-in-command, letting him drive and fire the grabber on the skull truck. Originally, he served under the command of Samukai, who was defeated by Lord Garmadon, whom took supreme control of the Underworld and the undead legions. Seeking the Four Weapons of Spinjitzu, he accompanies Samukai and Nuckal to Ninjago to search for the weapons, and eventually finds a map to the weapons, after bickering with Nuckal, his dimwitted companion. Later, Kruncha is seen helping the other skeletons mine for the Scythe of Quakes, as well as following the ninja to the locations of the Shurikens of Ice and Nunchucks of Lightning. The following night, he helped in the ambush of the ninja's camp and stole the weapons, but when Garmadon's plan to unite them at the Fire Temple failed, Samukai lead the Skulkin to the Underworld in a change of plans. At Garmadon's fortress, Kruncha and Nuckal guarded the entrance, but were trapped in a ferris wheel of bones when the ninja united to form the Tornado of Creation. After Samukai's defeat and Garmadon's betrayal to the army, Wyplash (previous third-in-command) lead the surviving skeletons, excluding Kruncha (who now is the general of the skeleton army) and Nuckal out to Ninjago to seek vengeance for their fallen king. Meanwhile, the two plotted an escape attempt using the Skull Truck to steal the Weapons of Spinjitzu, but the plan backfired and the generals were forced to return them. Now on the run, Kruncha and Nuckal met up with Wyplash and helped be to excavate the secret Underworld entrance in the Fire Temple to unleash more Skulkin. However, the plan was apprehended by Kai and Nya, who trapped Wyplash and the other skeletons (excluding Kruncha and Nuckal) within the Underworld, ending the threat of the Skulkin. Now helpless, Kruncha and Nuckal traveled to Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys and became substitute teachers, but were told by Cole to leave Ninjago and never return, or else. Again on the run, the two were spotted shortly in an unknown village, but were scared off by Sensei Wu, and also seen in the Blade Cup Talent Show booing the ninja's performance. However, they made a dramatic appearance when Garmadon rebanded the Skulkin army and lead them to battle against the Serpentine. The duo were seen fighting the snakes, (Kruncha was, Nuckal seemed to be more of yelling and dancing) encouraging the ninja to stop Pythor's plans. They were in episode 13, at the "take back Ninjago rally", dancing to 'we want snakes to slither away!' They were in the episode Ninjaball Run, competing with their monster truck. The skull truck seems to belong to them rather than to the skulkin army, as shown in the new masters of spinjitzu and ninjaball run. Kruncha was Samukai's right-hand-man, helping samukai out and making sure Nuckal didn't get into any trouble. He is shown to be good at driving, as shown in wrong place wrong time, ninjaball run, and the new masters of spinjitzu.
- LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- Pilot Episodes
- Season 2
- Season 3
Video Game Appearances
- His armour is different from most other Skulkins, with Wyplash as an exception.
- His face is very similar to that of Nuckal and Wyplash.
- In the online art (see below), Kruncha's body has a blue cloth, when it should be grey.
- His head and helmet are one piece.
- In Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu he has a red cloth and no monocle. Also, he has a cracked tooth and a dark metallic grey helmet instead of a light grey one. His armour had brown straps on the bones instead of black ones.
- He was sent to the Boarding School for Bad Boys along with Nuckal.
- He has apparently seized power as the Commander of the Skulkin (or what remains of them), as he is shown giving commands to the army in All of Nothing. Wyplash was not present due to his imprisonment in the Fire Temple.
- He and Nuckal are some of the only characters in Ninjago to have a theme song, the others being Lloyd Garmadon, and Ed Walker & Edna Walker.
- He, Samukai, and a skulkin looking like Krazi but with Chopov's helmet appear to be the on skulkin knowing how to drive.
- Samukai appears to blame the Skulkin Army's failures on Kruncha, as shown in Wrong Place, Wrong Time.
- Despite being the new leader of the skeleton army, he now travels along with Nuckal in Ninjago City.