Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|LEGOLAND Discovery Center Bay Area|
|Location:||Milpitas, California, USA|
|Address:||870 Great Mall Drive Milpitas, CA 95035|
|General Manager:||James Judy|
|Opened:||June 15, 2021|
|Area:||31,000 square feet|
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Bay Area is a LEGOLAND Discovery Centre that was opened on June 15, 2021 in Milpitas, California, USA. It features a retail section with no entrance fee, a cafe, and a 4D cinema, as well as various rides and attractions.
- Miniland: Explore and interact in the Bay Area like you have never done before. See miniature LEGO® replicas of the Bay Area's most loved landmarks built from over 1.5 million LEGO® bricks! Bricktastic Fun Awaits! Spot the ghosts at the Winchester Mystery House, take in the views of the Golden Gate Bridge, or score a touchdown at the local football stadium - there is so much to discover in the Bay Area MINILAND! Our mischievous mini-figures can be found hiding throughout MINILAND - will you be able to spot them all?
- LEGO 4D Cinema: Join your favorite LEGO characters on action-packed adventures in our 4D Cinema! Watch out for supercharged wind, rain and snow effects as they burst off the big screen and bring the movies to life! (...hot dogs not included!)
- Imagination Express: This is no ordinary train ride! Travel through an interactive LEGO world full of imagination and color. Wave your magic wand to collect points as you go and see how your skills match up with the other passengers at the end. As an added safety measure, this attraction experience may be temporarily adjusted.
- Build Challenge Circle: Listen to a story, use your imagination to build a LEGO creation, or meet with Bertie our LEGO mascot. Our continuously changing event area encourages parents and children to join in fun filled host lead activities.
- Meet Your Favorite LEGO Characters: Meet your favorite LEGO® characters every day when you visit LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Bay Area! The best spot to catch your favorites is at our Build Challenge Area in the center of the attraction! Say hello to Bertie and more of your favorites throughout your visit!
- LEGO Racers: Build and Test: Build a super speedy vehicle and race against your friends on the test track at our Build & Test zone. Will your car zoom across the finish line first? Ready. Set. GO! Ask a Playmaker for some super secret building tips on how to make your car whiz past the competition!
- Pirate Adventure Island: Go on a swashbuckling quest in our play area aboard a LEGO-themed pirate ship. Adventure through whimsical scenarios as you climb the rigging, walk the plank and capture the flag! Activate air cannons to fight off enemy ships and amaze your matey, or escape down the slide to make it ashore to the island’s castle.
- LEGO Ninjago Training Camp: Train through interactive and build challenge activities to improve your flexibility, agility, ingenuity and LEGO brick building skills to help protect NINJAGO from its marauding enemies. Test your skills on our brand new NINJAGO reaction test! Do you think you are ready for the final test? Get ready for the ultimate challenge, the NINJAGO Laser Maze.
- LEGO Friends: Bring the LEGO® Friends story to life with Andrea, Mia, Olivia, Stephanie and Emma as you add your own creations to the colorful city. Whether you love music, science, sports, nature or art, you'll be inspired by each of the fab five's unique personalities in this interactive build area.
- Earthquake Tables: Ever tried to build the tallest tower imaginable from LEGO bricks? YES! Have you tested the strength of your tower when an earthquake suddenly rattles the earth? NO! Test your building skills today at the earthquake table! Compete against three of your friends to see whose tower topples first. Discover how engineering and critical thinking play a role into building your tower.
- DUPLO Park: Little builders can let their imaginations loose in our DUPLO® Park. Build a colorful DUPLO flower for the farmer's garden, climb up a small hill and slide down the other side, or play on our special, big, soft bricks. Perfect for Children ages 2-5!
- Creative Workshop: LEGO lovers will learn insider tips and building secrets alongside a Master Model Builder at our hands-on workshops! More Awesome Awaits: Workshops are offered every day - check out the schedule when you arrive to plan your visit. Stop by MINILAND Bay Area to see what else our Master Model Builder has been up to! What cool creations will you discover? Feeling inspired? Visit the LEGO Store to browse a LEGO-tastic array of products to continue the fun at home!
- By Car:
- From San Jose: Get on US-101 N to I-880 N to Great Mall Pkwy in Milpitas. Take the Great Mall Pkwy exit from I-880 N. Continue on Great Mall Pkwy to Great Mall Dr.
- From Fremont: Get on I-880 S to E Tasman Dr in Milpitas. Take exit 8A for Great Mall Pkwy/Tasman Drive from I-880 S. Continue on Great Mall Pkwy to Great Mall Dr.
- From Mountain View: Get on CA-237 E towards Calaveras Blvd/Milpitas. Continue on CA-237 E. Take S Main St to Great Mall Dr.
- By Light Rail: The VTA Light Rail, serving the San Jose metropolitan area, offers service to the Discovery Center via the Orange Line at Great Mall/Main Milpitas station.
- By Bus:
- VTA bus: Lines 46, 47, 66, 70, 71, 77, 104, 180, 181, 321 all offer access towards Great Mall stop.
- AC Transit: Line 217 stops off at Great Mall.
- General Admission: Includes access to all build and play zones, ride, and 4D movies. Children under 2 go free. The price is $23 per person.
- Premium Package: Includes general admission as well as the VR Experience and an exclusive LEGO collectible. The price is $32 per person.
- Annual Pass: Includes unlimited one-year admission to the discovery center, along with 25% off for accompanying friends, 20% off in the cafe, 10% off select items in the LEGO store, and 10% in birthday parties, as well as a free activity pack. The price is $74.99 per person.
|Day||Opening Time||Last Entry||Close|
|Mon - Sun||11:00 AM||18:00 PM||19:00 PM|
- After LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester, this is the second discovery center that does not depict the city it is in in the Miniland. There are almost zero buildings from Milpitas that appear.
- This is the first Discovery Center to be built in the state of California, despite the fact that California is the largest state in the US. Additionally, the Bay Area has less than a quarter of the population of Los Angeles and is nearly tied for population with Riverside. However, California does feature a full-sized LEGOLAND California Resort, which serves the greater Los Angeles area.
|view · talk · editLEGOLAND parks|
|Resorts||Current: Billund | California | Deutschland | Florida | Malaysia | Windsor | Dubai | Japan |
|Discovery Centres||Current: Arizona | Atlanta | Bay Area | Beijing | Berlin | Birmingham | Boston | Chicago | Columbus | Dallas / Fort Worth | Hong Kong | Istanbul | Kansas City | Manchester | Melbourne | Michigan | New Jersey | Oberhausen | Osaka | Philadelphia | San Antonio | Scheveningen | Shanghai | Shenyang | Tokyo | Toronto | Westchester|
|Merchandise||Sets: 30628 The Monster Book of Monsters | 40393 LEGOLAND Fire Academy | 40429 Ninjago World|