|LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester|
|Location:||Manchester, North West England, UK|
|Address:||Barton Square, The Trafford Centre,
Manchester, M17 8AS
|Owner:||Merlin Entertainments Group|
|General Manager:||Jenn McDonough|
|Area:||37, 673 square feet|
LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester is a LEGOLAND Discovery Centre located in Barton Square, part of the intu Trafford Centre, Manchester, UK. It contains a range of LEGO rides, attractions, build areas, a Coffee Shop and birthday rooms.
A guided tour of a LEGO factory, showing the manufacturing process from raw plastic to finished brick. Visitors will receive a special LEGO Factory Promotional Brick during the tour.
LEGO 4D Cinema
Can you touch the stars in our LEGO 4D cinema? Watch whilst our 3D film changes before your eyes to a 4D cinema experience with rain, wind and even snow, all under one roof.
The captured Princess needs your help! Hop aboard your chariot on the Kingdom Quest ride to rescue her. Be warned, there are beastly trolls and sneaky skeletons lurking. Can you zap them all to save the Princess? Children under 51" must have an adult with them.
Enter Merlin’s magical potion room and discover a LEGO® wizard’s world of spells and sorcery. Round and round you go, pedal as fast as you can to help Merlin conjure his magic – can you reach the skies and become Merlin’s top wizarding apprentice?
Sneak a peek at our spectacular MINILAND. It's built from A LOT of bricks: over 1.5 million! Explore and play with the interactive city; see airships swoop and towers glow as the little land changes from day to night. Take a look at many landmarks of the North West, all in 1 room! See the sights of Blackpool, admire the mini cobbles of Coronation Street and make the amazing roller coasters of Alton Towers go! Our Master Model Builders are always working on new displays to add, you'll never know what you'll find next! Visit at Christmas to see Manchester transformed with the markets, or come at Halloween to see where will be haunted.... Our mischievous Minifigures love hiding in MINILAND – who will you spot?
LEGO Racers: Build & Test
Let your creativity take over as you build a LEGO car that is versatile enough to explore the rugged Land Rover Discovery Build Table. Will your LEGO car design be strong and capable enough to make it to the other side? Use your imagination to build an awesome LEGO car to race down the ramps. Test your car to learn how you can make it go even faster! Will your car zoom across the finish line first? It might be a close competition between you and your friends! Once you have finished your race and your car has made it across the tough LEGO landscape on the Build Table make sure you have your photo taken on the winner’s podium with the LEGO Racer champion’s cup. Feel inspired to design the strongest and fastest LEGO cars ever made. There are thousands of bricks waiting for you to make into your very own four-wheeled creation - even parents can get involved too!
Catch our special workshops to discover insider tips and super tricks on building with LEGO®. Join us in the Creative Workshop at regular time slots throughout the day. There is a different model to build each month. Recent builds include frogs, race cars and ice cream vans! Come along to discover what we're making this month. This building experience is included in your entry ticket. If you wish to take your model home it is available to buy at the end of the session.
LEGO City: Forest Ranger Pursuit
Catch the crooks in our LEGO City driving adventure. Race your LEGO vehicle off-road into the wild woodland to capture the scheming robbers and return the stolen gold to LEGO City. Children must be over 4 years old to ride.
LEGO Ninjago City Adventure
A large, interactive play area themed to a Ninjago temple. The temple features a ballpool, an interactive light slide, as well as various lights and sounds. The temple also includes a Batak game, whilst outside the temple is a treadwall (rotating climbing wall) and a themed build table.
The ‘Space Mission’ experience at LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre will catapult guests into the top-secret world of LEGO® mission control in an intergalactic adventure like no other! The interactive experience provides aspiring space stars with the opportunity to build their own LEGO® rockets and explore weird and wonderful alien landscapes, before taking command at LEGO® mission control base.
LEGO DUPLO Farm
Explore the farmer's house, climb the attic and go down the slide. Have your photograph taken with the farmyard cow and hear the farmer's lively dog barking. DUPLO bricks are perfect for smaller children (aged 0-5) and we have lots of bricks to play with. We also have extra large soft bricks to enable your children to safely build their own giant creation. The LEGO DUPLO Farm is also where Little Playtime sessions take place.
LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre is upstairs from the largest LEGO® shop in the North-West. It's open to everyone who visits The Trafford Centre, 10am - 6pm. It has special deals, over 900 products, gift vouchers, and a 10% discount for Annual Pass holders.
Wind down from your LEGO® discovery in the LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Café with a relaxing cup of tea or coffee. Choose snacks or a full meal for the whole family from our great selection of hot and cold food. And if they still have energy left, don't worry, there’s plenty of LEGO in the café area to keep even the most ardent LEGO builder happy while you relax with a drink.
The Great LEGO Race VR Experience
The UK's only LEGO® VR Experience! A VR experience where we invite you to literally buckle up and go for a spin inside the most incredible, exhilarating and fun LEGO® race ever created! Immerse yourselves in a brick-built world racing brick-built vehicles in the hopes of becoming the next Champion! So step right up and prepare for RACE DAY!! Racers will enter the virtual world and be the star of a rollicking race against several LEGO® MINIFIGURE competitors including a pirate, wizard, surfer and pharaoh. With twists and turns throughout the course, the experience engages all senses by combining sight, sound and motion to allow guests to escape reality. The 360-video let’s guests see all around them as they venture across a rocky mountain, rolling river and even hot lava! Each experience can lead to a new discovery like realising you’re racing against a LEGO-build rocket-powered windsurfing rig and an ornately canopied bed (called a “litter”) carried by mummy servants. Who will win is the biggest question and the only way to find out is to step into The Great LEGO® Race VR Experience. This is an upgrade 'Add-On' experience to your visit to LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Manchester. It costs £5 per person on top of your entry ticket. Tickets cannot be purchased for the VR Experience alone - all VR ticket holders must also have admission tickets to the full attraction. Tickets for the VR Experience can be purchased on arrival or in advance online when purchasing attraction entry tickets.
- By Car: The Centre is located off the M60, via junction 9 or 10.
- By Train: The National Rail from the rest of the UK brings travellers to Manchester Piccadilly or Manchester Victoria, and travellers can catch the X50/250 buses and 100 bus, respectively, to go the rest of the way to the Discovery Centre.
- By Bus: The X50 goes from the Discovery Centre to Manchester Piccadilly. There are many bus routes that run close by, including the 2, X5, 23/23A, 25, 52, 68, 100, 126, 132, 245, 247, 250, 291, and 300.
- By Bicycle: Bike racks are available adjacent to the rear of the Barton Square car park, opposite the rotunda entrance and the Next Home store.
- By Taxi: Abacus Travel Services, located just outside The Orient, are The Trafford Centre's on-site private hire partner.
- By Light Rail: The Manchester Metrolink has a tram stop on the Trafford Park Line, called intu Trafford Centre tram stop. It is right next to the shopping mall.
- One Attraction: A ticket that includes entrance to the Discovery Centre and one attraction. Price is £10.17 per child and £16.95 for walk-ups.
- Two Attractions: Includes entry to the Discovery Centre and SEA LIFE Manchester, as well as access to two attractions. Price is £13.17 per child and £21.95 for walk-ups.
- Manchester Annual Pass: Includes 12 months free access to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester, discounts on the shop and cafe, and a free friend for one visit. Price is £50.
- Standard Merlin Annual Pass: Includes entry into 32 top UK attractions (restrictions apply), up to 20% discount of food, beverage and retail, exclusive discounts on overnight stays at LEGOLAND Resorts, discounted entry for friends and family, and exclusive Passholder Preview Events. The price is £139.
- Premium Merlin Annual Pass: Includes the Standard Merlin Annual Pass as well as free car parking at theme parks, a Priviledge Pack which contains a Lanyard, Card Holder, a Pop Badge, 3 £5 off Fastrack Vouchers for one use at Merlin Theme Parks and 3 Share the Fun Vouchers (bring up to 3 friends for £15 each). The price is £189.
|Mon - Thur||10:00 AM||3:00 PM||4:00 PM|
|Sat - Sun||10:00 AM||4:00 PM||5:00 PM|
- Birthdays: Each birthday party must have a minimum of 9 children, and each child costs £22.50. Included in the package is:
- All day entry to LEGOLAND ® Discovery Centre Manchester
- Party room hire for 2 hours
- Dedicated party host for 1 hour
- Meet one of our AWESOME LEGO® characters!
- LEGO themed Birthday cake
- 1 FREE adult per paying child
- A FREE visit to come back and visit us when accompanied by a paying adult
- A FREE LEGO® factory brick
- Private build sessions (£4 extra)
- Party bags (£6.95 extra)
- A Birthday lunch or tea which includes a sandwich, packet of crisps, snack and drink!
- Homeschool: LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester is the perfect place for fun AND education for children aged 3-10. Our attraction offers numerous opportunities for hands-on learning and planning a trip couldn’t be easier.Children can create their own imaginary world and learn to drive in LEGO® CITY: Forest Pursuit. LEGO® Racers: Build & Test allows children to engage in a trial and error process in order to build the fastest car. Let the children learn and develop their skills fine motor skills by building the tallest tower on our Earthquake tables. After all that fun and learning, children can enjoy our 4D cinema where a 15 minute showing will bring their favourite The LEGO® Movie™ characters to life. The price for adults is £7.50, and the price for children is either £4 or £6 depending on peak hours.
- Adults over 18 year old that are not accompanied by a minor may not enter the Discovery Centre unless on a special Adult Night.
|view · talk · editLEGOLAND parks|
|Resorts|| Current: Billund | California | Deutschland | Florida | Malaysia | Windsor | Dubai | Japan |
|Discovery Centres|| Current: Arizona | Atlanta | Berlin | Birmingham | Boston | Chicago | Columbus | Dallas / Forth Worth | Istanbul | Kansas City | Manchester | Melbourne | Michigan | Oberhausen | Osaka | Philadelphia | San Antonio | San Jose | Shanghai | Shenyang | Tokyo | Toronto | Westchester |
Upcoming: East Rutherford | Miami | Pittsburgh | The Hague | Bay Area