|LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne|
|Location:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Address:||LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne, Level 2, Chadstone – The Fashion Capital, 1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone 3148, Victoria, Australia / Great Alpine Rd, Hotham Heights VIC 3741, Australia|
|General Manager:||Dave Boyd|
|Opened:||April 18, 2017|
|Operating Season:||Year-round / Winter (Mt. Hotham)|
|Area:||30,139 square feet|
Explore MINILAND® – a miniature LEGO® replica of Melbourne’s most loved buildings and landmarks built from over 1.5 million LEGO® bricks! MINILAND® took a team of 15 expert model builders over 5,000 hours to build. Explore and play with the interactive city as it changes from day to night! Admire the Eureka Tower or Federation Square, watch a game at the MCG, or even a race at Flemington Racecourse, there is so much to discover! Plus, our mischievous Minifigures love hiding in MINILAND®! Who will you spot?
DUPLO Farm Adventure
Little builders can let their imaginations run wild in our DUPLO FARM ADVENTURE! This play zone for children aged 2-5, is designed to inspire interactive social play, support development and encourage kids to have fun! Behind the giant barn doors, children can explore a soft play farmhouse where they can build with DUPLO and climb, crawl, slide and swing. The new zone is home to a farmyard of life-size DUPLO animals!
LEGO 4D Cinema
Can you touch the stars in our LEGO® 4D cinema? Watch whilst our 3D film changes before your eyes to a 4D cinema experience with rain, wind and even snow, all under one roof.
The captured princess needs your help! Hop aboard your chariot on the Kingdom Quest ride to rescue her. Be warned, there are beastly trolls and sneaky skeletons lurking. Can you zap them all to save the princess? All children require adult supervision and are required to sit upright unaided.
Merlin's Apprentice Ride
Pedal the enchanted cart in Merlin's magical potions chamber to become his next wizarding apprentice. Go faster and faster to conjure the sorcerer's spell and soar into the sky. Only the most powerful charms will reach the stars. Children must be 90 cm to ride.
LEGO Factory Tour
TOP SECRET! Do you know how we make our LEGO bricks in so many awesome shapes and cool colours? Go behind-the-scenes on our Factory Tour to discover how – you can take away your own special LEGO brick too!
Meet the LEGO Friends
Heartlake City is home to five friends, whose mission is to make their home and the world a better place. Get to know each of the friends and their special and unique personalities, and help them to build a totally awesome city. Visiting Heartlake City is all about creating stories and building additions to sit beside the impressive buildings in the city. The only limitation is your imagination. Which friend will be your new BBF? Or perhaps, they all will? We can’t wait for you to visit Heartlake City and leave your mark with totally awesome creations.
LEGO Creative Workshop
Our Master Model Builder can create ANYTHING from LEGO bricks. Catch our special workshops to discover insider tips and super tricks on building with LEGO.
LEGO City Fire Academy
Enroll in our LEGO City Fire Academy soft play area to start your emergency training. Brave the climbing wall, master the jungle gym, and shoot down the fire house slide to become a fearless firefighter. Socks must be worn at all times within our soft play area. For safety, guests must be in good health without injuries that could be aggravated by the attraction. Expectant mothers, and guests with broken/injured bones, casts, moon boots or any other supportive braces cannot enter.
LEGO Racers: Build & Test
Create an ultra-fast LEGO racing car at our Build & Test zone. Race your vehicle on the test track for the quickest time – will your car zoom across the finishing line first? Ready. Set. GO!
Ever tried to build the tallest tower imaginable from LEGO bricks? Take on the challenge at our Earthquake Tables. Test the strength of your brick tower when the tables start to shake.
Builders of all ages can take a break in our LEGO®-themed Café. Tuck into a tasty, freshly-made sandwich or salad; unwind with a latte; or indulge in a cupcake treat!
LEGO Retail Store
We're Victoria’s only stockist of the full LEGO range including LEGO exclusives and special offers! Our store is stuffed with awesomeness! We’ve got all the latest LEGO® products, including LEGO Harry Potter and LEGO STAR WARS. Plus exclusive limited edition items and a pick-a-brick wall! Our retail store is open 12:00 AM - 5:00 PM daily. Take home a souvenir from your LEGO adventure or pop by any time – you don’t need a LEGOLAND Discovery Centre ticket to visit. The shop will be open to all members of the public, both adult and children LEGO fans alike!
Underwater Quest - New LEGO Play Zone
Go on an Underwater LEGO® Quest to discover mysterious sea creatures at the bottom of the ocean with our all new interactive digital build table! Come face-to-face with a curious, treasure-hunting LEGO octopus as the water bubbles around you on the coral reef. Complete the starfish build and pose with Shark Suit Guy for unforgettable photo opportunities. Discover the depths of your imagination in the magical world beneath the waves!
- By Car: Australia is a car-based country, and there are many ways to travel to the Discovery Centre by road:
- From the Melbourne CBD: If you are travelling from the CBD get on the M1 from Batman Ave and Exit E3, follow the M1 to Warrigal Rd/State Route 15 in Malvern East. Take exit E7 from M1. Continue on Warrigal Rd/State Route 15. Drive to Middle Rd in Malvern East. The best parking for LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne is the Target car park near HOYTS.
- From the South: If you are travelling from the South, head north on Nepean Hwy/State Route 3 towards City, follow signs to Eastlink/M3 and Monish Fwy/M1 to Warrigal Rd/State Route 15 in Chadstone. Take the exit E7 from Monash Fwy/M1, Continue on Warrigal Rd in Malvern East. The best parking for LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne is the Target car park near HOYTS.
- From the West: If you are travelling from the West, head North-East on M1. Take exit E7 for State Rte 15. Use any lane to turn right onto Warrgal Rd/State Route 15. Use the right 3 lanes to turn right onto Middle Rd. The best parking for LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne is the Target car park near Hoyts.
- From the East: If you are travelling from the East, head North-West on M1 towards CBD, take exit E7 for State RTE 15/Warrigal Rd towards Chadstone. Use the right-hand lane to turn left onto Warrigal Rd/State Route 15. Use the right 3 lanes to turn right onto Middle Road. The best parking for LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne is the Target car park near HOYTS.
- By Shuttle: The Chadstone Group offers its own free shuttle between various Chadstone properties. Tourists can hop on at any stop and get off at Chadstone stop.
- By Metro: The Melbourne Metro offers services to the Chadstone area. Passengers can get on at any station and get off at Caulfield station, then get on the Bus Route 900 towards Stud Park and get off at the Chadstone stop.
- Individual Admission Ticket: Includes admission and 50% for 24 hours. Price is $16.25 online and $32.50 for walk-ups.
- Platinum Merlin Annual Pass: Enjoy massive discounts and 12 months of fun at 10 top attractions in Australia and New Zealand, including LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne. Price is $89 and renewals are $62, and a Gift Voucher is available.
- Gold Merlin Annual Pass: Includes the Platinum Merlin Annual Pass without certain benefits. Price is $69 and renewals are $52.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Annual Pass: Includes 12 months access to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne, special events, and discounts in the centre. Price is $77 and $70 for renewals, and a Gift Voucher is available.
- Transferable Annual Pass: Enjoy 12 months entry to LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne, for 1 child (same child each time) and any 2 adults – perfect for grandparents, aunties and uncles! Includes special deals and 50% off admission for up to two people. Price is $249 for the child and adults.
- Melbourne Big Ticket: Combine your visit to LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre with SEA LIFE Melbourne and save up to $29.50 off individual admission with the Melbourne Big Ticket attraction pass. Visit 2 great attractions for 1 low price! Online price is $47 and walk-ups are $74.50.
- DUPLO Kids Club: Introducing the new Little Playtimes. DUPLO Kids Club is the ultimate LEGO® fun for kids under 5! Bring your little ones for interactive play-based workshops designed especially for them. Learn numbers, colours and animals with DUPLO! Includes interactive play-based workshops designed especially for little ones. Tickets are $32.50.
- Adult Nights: Have you always wanted to visit LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre but don’t have any little ones? Here’s your chance! Includes most LEGOLAND Discovery Centre attractions for adults. The price is $32.50.
- Gift Tickets: You can buy tickets for another person for $35.
- Group Tickets: Groups of 10+ are entitled to 20% off the regular admission at the door price. The price is $26 per person.
- Everything is Awesome Birthday Package: Includes a private party room for 3 hours with a dedicated party host, food and decorations, a small gift for the birthday child, and birthday crowns. Price is $43.75 per child.
- After School Special: People who visit the centre after 3 PM on weekdays get a discounted price of $19.50.
- Scouts Special: Scouts are eligible for discounted prices. Scouts in uniform and with a Scouts ID get a price of $16 per person.
- Home School Ticket: Homeschool students get special building classes and a worksheet to fill out. The price is $10 per person.
- Extras: There are several add-ons the visitor can purchase separately from the pass:
- Activity Packs: Enhance your visit by finding and collecting all the stamps located around LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne and solve puzzles along the way! Includes special activities and an exclusive lanyard for $5.
- Coloured Brick Keychain with Engraving: Take home your own personalized brick keychain. Choose from 5 colours, and receive free engraving, up to 10 characters (1 side). Online price is $8, in-store price is $10.99 or $12.99 for both sides.
- Pick-a-Brick Cup: Are you looking for a certain colour or size brick? Our Pick-A-Brick cup allows you to take home a selection of bricks in all colours, shapes and sizes. Small cups (450 ml) are $12 online and $14.99 in-store, and large cups (1L) are $29.99.
|Sun - Wed||9:30 AM||5:00 PM||7:00 PM|
|Thurs - Sat||9:30 AM||4:00 PM||5:30 PM|
- Birthdays: The two birthday packages include private room hire for 3 hours, free play time in the common areas of the attraction, with access to rides (height restrictions apply), the 4D Cinema and play zones, a dedicated party host to help with the party from start to finish (2 for the Ultimate package), party food, unlimited cordial and water, a gift for the birthday child, and birthday crowns for all guests. The Premium Birthday Package is $875 and includes entry of up to 20, and the Ultimate Birthday Package is $1750 and includes entry for up to 40.
- Groups: Groups of 10 or more are entitled to 20% off the regular admission price ($9.75). This is a saving of $6.50 per person. All adults are required to be accompanied by a child and all children must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
Mt. Hotham Ski Resort
LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne offers a special opportunity at the Mount Hotham Ski Resort in Victoria. At the ski lodge, there is a seasonal LEGOLAND Discovery Centre that operates in the winter. The LEGOLAND Discovery Centre mascot travels there to greet children, who have the options of Brick Tables, Story Time events for toddlers, and more. The attractions are absolutely free for paying customers of the ski resort.
- Adults over the age of 17 are not allowed to enter accompanied by a minor unless during a special Adult Night event.
- This is the only LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Australia and Oceania.
- This is the only LEGOLAND Discovery Centre that operates multiple locations.
|view · talk · editLEGOLAND parks|
|Resorts|| Current: Billund | California | Deutschland | Florida | Malaysia | Windsor | Dubai | Japan |
|Discovery Centres|| Current: Arizona | Atlanta | Berlin | Birmingham | Boston | Chicago | Columbus | Dallas / Forth Worth | Istanbul | Kansas City | Manchester | Melbourne | Michigan | Oberhausen | Osaka | Philadelphia | San Antonio | San Jose | Shanghai | Shenyang | Tokyo | Toronto | Westchester |
Upcoming: East Rutherford | Miami | Pittsburgh | The Hague | Bay Area