Leonardo's head is a new mould made for the turtles. It is dark green with a blue bandana around it. In 79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase he has an angry expression in which his teeth are bared and clenched, but in 79103 Turtle Lair Attack he is frowning. He wears a new turtle shell piece made exclusively for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles line. It is khaki, has a turtle shell pattern and has two brown straps over the piece. The front of Leonardo's torso piece is green with turtle scales and a continuation of the strap pieces from the shell piece. The back of the torso features turtle scales and a brown strap at the bottom. His legs are green, just like the rest of his body, and finish off the scale printing. The legs have printing of brown knee pads.
2012 Animated Series
Leonardo was formerly, along with his three brothers, a normal turtle, who was bought in a pet store by Splinter, when he was a human named Hamato Yoshi. Yoshi then saw many strange men (The Kraang) meeting. Those men carried a mutagen and when confronted by Yoshi, it was dropped onto the turtles spilled cage and Yoshi. The mutagen mutated Leonardo and his three brothers into larger, more intelligent mutants, while turning Yoshi into a giant rat also known as Splinter. He then hid out in the sewers for 15 years, until the 4 turtles persuaded Splinter to let them go up to the surface. In the show, he is one of the main protagonists alongside his 3 brothers. He is the leader of the turtles simply because he asked Splinter first. Leo later on, develops an obvious crush on Karai, The Shredder's daughter.
- He and Donatello have different shells than Michelangelo and Raphael. Theirs have an extra strap. In the show, this strap holds their weapons (though the LEGO version cannot do so). Mikey and Raph do not need this strap; their weapons go in their belts.
- The Dark Turtle variant was given out at NY Comic Con 2012 to attendees only. Fans had to win a lottery raffle in order to receive this minifigure. This was the first minifigure of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle line. There were only 300 of these minifigures made.
- In the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV Show, he is voiced by Seth Green, who also voices Howard the Duck in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- He is voiced by James Arnold Taylor in the 2007 CGI animated film TMNT, who voiced Robin and Nightwing in LEGO Batman: The Videogame, The Flash in the LEGO DC Comics films, Green Arrow in LEGO DC Super-Villains and Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Vastus and Berix in BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn, and Spider-Man, Professor X and Silver Surfer in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.
- In the Latin American dubs of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV show, the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, he was voiced by the late Luis Alfonso Mendoza, who also voiced Barney Rubble in The Flintstones Kids, Winston Zeddemore in Ghostbusters 2 and The Real Ghostbusters, Metallo in Supergirl (The CW) and Mad Hatter in Gotham.
- He also voiced the 1987 Leonardo in the episodes "Trans-dimensional Turtles" and "Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady" of the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV show.
Gallery of Variants
- 10669 Turtle Lair
- 79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase
- 79103 Turtle Lair Attack
- 79116 Big Rig Snow Getaway
- 79117 Turtle Lair Invasion
- 79118 Karai Bike Escape
- 79121 Turtle Sub Undersea Chase
- Dark Turtle New York Comic-Con Promotional Set
|view · talk · edit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles minifigures|
|Heroes||April O'Neil \ Donatello \ Leatherhead \ Leonardo \ Michelangelo \ Raphael \ Splinter \ Vern \ Kirby O'Neil|
|The Foot||Shredder \ Dogpound (Dark Ninja) \ Fishface \ Karai \ Foot Soldier \ Robo Foot Ninja|
|Other Villains||Baxter Stockman \ Mousers \ Spider Bytez (Victor) \ The Kraang \|