- "You think you can stop me? I'm LEX LUTHOR!"
- ―Lex Luthor in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.
- 1 Description
- 2 Background
- 3 Notes
- 4 Appearances
- 5 LEGO.com Description
- 6 Description from LEGO Magazine
- 7 Rebirth
- 8 Gallery of Variants
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Sources
- 11 References
Luthor is bald with a serious expression, and he wears a grey tie, white shirt, and a black suit. His legs are black and he has no hand-held accessories.
In his warsuit variant, he wears the same armour part as the Galaxy Patrol, but in Bright Green with a Medium Lilac stripe on each shoulder. He has no headgear, and carries a large gun, the Deconstructor. His torso and arms are Earth Green with Medium Lilac hands. His legs are also Medium Lilac, and his hips are Bright Green. On the back of his suit there seems to be canisters or jets.
When Lex Luthor was a child, he lived in Smallville with his abusive father. However, he murdered his father and escaped from Smallville. He then went to Metropolis, where he founded founded LexCorp Industries, becoming a billionaire. However, after the rise of Superman, Lex Luthor became an enemy of the Man of Steel. Lex is cunning and has superhuman intelligence, which he uses in his struggle against Superman. Like Batman, he uses his company and his wealth to produce the equipment he needs. He also often uses Kryptonite weapons, as he is obsessed with killing Superman, proving the Man of Steel is evil and make himself ruler. Lex Luthor is a billionaire, the founder and owner of LexCorp Industries, and a philantrophist on the outside, but is also secretly a power-hungry arch-enemy of Metropolis' protector, Superman.
In LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
In LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, Lex Luthor is a trailing presidential candidate. He has also been nominated for the Man of the Year award and goes to Gotham City for the ceremony. He loses to Bruce Wayne, and begins to despise Wayne for not only winning the award, but for the witty comments he made towards Lex and having more female companions with him. When The Joker, Harley Quinn, The Penguin, The Riddler, and Two-Face raided the awards, Lex didn't faint or flee but instead watched them, particularly The Joker, and shared his table with Harley, Riddler, Penguin, and Two-Face as Joker spoke on the stage. When Batman and Robin arrived in the Bat-boat, Lex and the others ran before it landed on the table.
Lex later breaks Joker out of Arkham Asylum with a Kryptonite powered gun, The Deconstructor, which can pull apart shiny black objects. Lex hints that it can be used to destroy Batman's vehicles, such as the Batmobile and Batwing, and they team-up.
Joker robs Ace Chemicals and creates false Kryptonite. When Batman and Robin take it after a hard fought battle, he and Lex use the tracking device in it to find the Batcave, destroy Batman's vehicles, and take the Kryptonite Batman keeps in a vault.
They leave for LexCorp in a large aircraft with the Kryptonite. Batman and Superman infiltrate the aircraft, but Batman is dropped through a trapdoor and while Superman saves him, the aircraft escapes. At LexCorp, Lex Luthor uses Krytonite on Superman and crushes Batman, and they finish construction of a large Joker-robot. After they blast through the roof on their way back to Gotham, Batman and Superman reveal they switched costume. Batman and Superman try to stop the robot, but Lex Luthor opens up a giant box of Kryptonite, weakening Superman. He tries to shoot Batman, but Batman escapes and saves Superman.
The robot lands back in Gotham and is approached by Batman and a weakened Superman. Lex and Joker force them into the Metro. After several attempts to stop them, Batman and Superman escape.
Lex gives a speech at the City Hall while Joker sprays a mind altering gas, which makes the people love and support Lex Luthor as president. Once again, Batman and Superman arrive to stop them. The latter uses his heat vision to destroy the robot's flower that is distributing the gas, then he uses the little strength he has left to punch through the robot, disabling its flight. However, Superman is completley disabled by the Krypotonite inside, and is not playable for the rest of story mode.
As Joker is using the Deconstructor on Batman, Robin arrives in a multi-coloured Batmobile, which cannot be pulled apart. Joker and Lex chase him and Batman through the city while they leave a Kryptonite trail which resembles Joker's face. Lex realizes that it is visible from space and scolds the Joker. Due to his dislike of Bruce Wayne, he decides to attack Wayne Tower.
As Batman predicted, Martian Manhunter saw the Kryptonite trail from space and alerted the rest of the Justice League. While Superman and Wonder Woman keep the building standing, Batman, Robin, Green Lantern, and Cyborg fight the robot and drive it into the ground. Green Lantern created constructs to keep the building standing, which freed up Wonder Woman and she and The Flash joined the others to finish the robot off. As the robot is destroyed, Joker emerges and tries to use his joybuzzer to defeat the Justice League, but was defeated. However Lex soon emerged inside his Power Armour Robot and used it to attack the heroes as the game's final boss. Batman then contacted Martian Manhunter for help and Manhunter activated the watchtower laser. With the help of the heroes, Manhunter was able to use the laser to defeate Luthor, who was then finished off by Batman. After his defeat, Lex was arrested and sent to prison along with the Joker.
Lex Luthor can be found at the Yacht Club after completeing Story Mode. After his defeat he is available for purchase. He costs 250,000 studs.On the portable version, Lex's minikit can be found on the level Attack on LexCorp. He costs 500,000 studs.
- In LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Clancy Brown reprises his role of voicing Lex Luthor from cartoons such as Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and The Batman (where he also voiced Mr. Freeze). Brown also voices Mr. Krabs in SpongeBob SquarePants, Savage Opress in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Dogpound in the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.
- In the Japanese dub of Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, he was voiced by the late Yuzuru Fujimoto, who also voiced Commissioner Gordon, Admiral Ackbar and Santa Claus.
- In the Hindi dub of Superman Returns, he is voiced by the late Ashiesh Roy, who also voiced General Zod, The Joker and Rocket Raccoon.
- Tor-An and a Sith Trooper reuse his face.
- He was the first DC Universe Super Heroes villain who did not appear in any Batman sets.
- His warsuit variant did not appeared in LEGO video games until LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.
- Ironically, despite being Superman's arch-enemy, he despises Bruce Wayne, while the Joker, who is Batman's arch enemy, despises Clark Kent.
- He does not appear in The LEGO Batman Movie however his LexCorp building appears in it.
- In the second trailer for The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Lex Luthor can be seen in his original 2012 suit from 6862 Superman vs. Power Armour Lex.
- 6862 Superman vs. Power Armour Lex
- 30164 Lex Luthor
- 76046 Heroes of Justice: Sky High Battle
- 10724 Batman™ & Superman™ vs. Lex Luthor™
- 76097 Lex Luthor Mech Takedown
- 30614 Lex Luthor
- LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite
- LEGO DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered
- LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs Bizarro League
- LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom!
- The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (cameo)
Video Game Appearances
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
- LEGO Dimensions (Non-Playable)
- LEGO DC Super-Villains
- The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame
Batman v. Superman
Description from LEGO Magazine
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it.|
Gallery of Variants
LEGO Superman's arch ene … Lex Luthor</br></br>LEGO Superman's arch enemy LEGO Lex Luthor is a diabolical inventor and powerful business titan! Even though he possesses no super abilities, Lex Luthor is a genius billionaire and has created a Kryptonite-powered robot and gun to destroy Superman’s powers and take over Metropolis!uperman’s powers and take over Metropolis! +, The brilliant CEO of LexCorp, Alexander Lu … The brilliant CEO of LexCorp, Alexander Luthor, Jr. inherited his father’s company at a young age and soon transformed it into a cutting-edge tech corporation. His fear of too-powerful individuals (especially ones from other planets) leads him to pit hero against hero – a scheme that may be aided by his collection of unusual meteorite crystals…Agility: 7<br/>Fighting: 5<br/>Strength: 5<br/>Intelligence: 5<br/>Speed: 3