A Mandrake is a plant which has a root that looks like a human. Whenever unearthed, the root screams. Two Mandrakes appear in 5378 Hogwarts Castle, in the Greenhouse. Mandrakes also appear in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4.
The scream of a mature Mandrake will kill any person who hears it, but a young Mandrake's screams will usually only knock a person out for several hours. In Harry Potter's second year, his Herbology Class learns how to re-pot Mandrakes, in the more dangerous Greenhouse Three. Professor Sprout has them all wear earmuffs to protect them from the noise.
In the video game, Mandrakes act as obstacles or puzzle items. Usually the player will have to move the Mandrake to a nearby pot in order to pass. The Mandrake's scream means you have to wear earmuffs, however, which are found in dressing closets. Their scream can also be used to break glass.
- The Mandrakes in the LEGO set 5378 Hogwarts Castle are heads with leaves on top, but in the Videogame, the mandrakes are given miniature Minifigure bodies as well, so that they can walk.
- The plain earmuffs in the video game are represented by coloured studs on the sides of a Minifigure's head, but there are some varieties which have arrows sticking out of them, or look like robot controllers or headphones.
- 5378 Hogwarts Castle
- 71022 Harry Potter Series
- 71028 Wizarding World Series 2
- 75969 Hogwarts Astronomy Tower
- Video Game Appearances