- This article is about the Minifigures character. For Marvel Superheroes character, see Medusa (Marvel).
Medusa is a 71001 Minifigures Series 10 minifigure released in May 2013. Medusa could also be based off the character Medusa from Greek Mythology who is a Gorgon alongside her sisters Stheno and Euryale.
She is voiced by Lauren White in The LEGO Batman Movie, though she was uncredited for the role.
Medusa has a dark green snake tail, a sand-green torso, sand-green arms, and sand-green hands. She has printing on her torso depicting feminine curves, a belly button, and brown and tan armor. The top of the armor is decorated intricately with two snakes heads' meeting as each one arcs its back. Two fangs protrude from the bottom of each side of the armour. She has a sand green double-sided head with gold, pupil-less eyes with, dark-green lips, and white fangs. One one side of the head, she has an angry, hissing expression. Dark-green shading surrounds her eyes. On the other side, a more calm expression is depicted, where her eyes are lime green. She has a unique brighter green hairpiece made to appear as if her hair consists of snakes. Medusa's tail was first seen in the Ninjago theme, and it is dark green on her. It also has scales printed at the top of the piece, arranged in a way such that an "M" shape is formed below.
The LEGO Movie
In The LEGO Movie, Medusa appears as a member of MetalBeard's crew in a flashback. She ends up being eaten by a Laser Shark. However, she seemingly survived since Medusa as well as Speed Racer were seen in the Think Tank that the other Master Builders were held in. She is in the background at the end of the movie during the scene where Scribble-Face Bad Cop is reunited with his non-glued parents Ma Cop and Pa Cop.
The LEGO Batman Movie
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (see the source of this quote)|
“Look thisssss way, my dear.”
As a mythical Gorgon, Medusa has the power to instantly turn any creature that looks directly at her to solid stone. Some people might think of this as a curse, but she loves it, even if the effect does only last a few hours.
Unfortunately for her mischievous hobby, her legend has become so well-known that almost nobody falls into Medusa’s trap these days. She’s tried all kinds of tricks, like hiding behind bushes and suddenly jumping out, pretending to be inside a TV set, and going undercover in the reptile house at the zoo…but the hissing of her hair always gives her away!
- She is the third monster from Greek mythology in the Minifigures theme, the others being the Minotaur and the Cyclops.
- Her snake tail is possibly inspired by the depiction of Medusa in the film Clash of the Titans or the Medusa enemies in the God of War videogame series.
- In the Mr. Gold online game, she cannot jump while moving; neither can she 'hop' by holding down the up arrow key.
- In preliminary pictures, she has regular legs and not a snake tail.
- She is featured in early concept art for Monster Fighters implying that she was originally intended to be a Monster Fighters minifigure, she was possibly going to be one of Lord Vampyre's minions. However, she was never released in any Monster Fighters sets.