Radagast the Brown, also referred to as simply Radagast, is a minifigure from The Lord of the Rings theme that appears in LEGO The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game. Radagast was also included in 79014 Dol Guldur Battle as part of The Desolation of Smaug subtheme of The Hobbit.
Radagast the Brown was one of the five Wizards summoned to protect Middle-earth, along with Saruman the White, Gandalf the Grey, and the Blue Wizards. Like the other Istari, Radagast was thousands of years old and took the form of an old man. He was the caretaker of woodland creatures, and lived in the southern part Greenwood the Great, later Mirkwood. Radagast preferred the company of animals rather than people. Radagast aided in the finding of the Necromancer (Sauron's alias as a dark sorcerer), and helped the company of Dwarves get to Rivendell.
- On his product page, Dol Guldur is misspelled "Dol Gulder".
- Radagast is exclusive to the Dol Guldur Battle set.
- In LEGO The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game, he has Gandalf the Grey's torso, but in brown.
- His hat and beard are one piece.
- His double-sided head shows angry expression on one side. In the movies, however, he never had that expression - he was more like happy or scared.
- Radagast was played by Sylvester McCoy who is best known for playing the Seventh Doctor on the popular British show Doctor Who. In addition, Radagast's head is identical to the Seventh Doctor despite having different features.
- Radagast's role was greatly expanded in The Hobbit films, as he was only mentioned in the original book. Conversely, he is entirely absent from The Lord of the Rings films despite having a scene in which he meets Gandalf, with the films depicting the Eagle he sent in the film arriving due to Gandalf's communication with a moth.
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Video Game Variants