| This minifigure has only appeared in video game(s)|
Although this article is about an official minifigure, it never existed in physical form or appeared in any official LEGO sets.
The Rebel Friend is a Star Wars Rebel Soldier who made his first appearance in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. Despite his appearance in the first level of A New Hope, he has never appeared in a Star Wars film.
In both LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, the Rebel Friend's big difference in comparison to other Rebel Troopers is his shirt's colour being red as opposed to being blue. His appearance also differs with his belt being a part of his torso in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy while on LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, it's located on his hip.
Rebel Friend assisted Captain Antilles and Princess Leia in their escape from the Empire. After the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO escaped the Tantive IV from the bombarding Imperial forces, the Rebel Friend stayed behind. It is unknown what happened to him afterwards.
- One of the only reasons that this character was created could have been that the creators of the game wanted both players to be able to fight the Stormtroopers after Princess Leia left the level in Story Mode.
- The game was released before the physical Rebel Trooper Minifigures were designed, so Rebel Friend's helmet (as well as the helmets of all the other Rebels in the game) looks different than the physical version.
- The reason his shirt could be red is so that players can distinguish him from the other, non-playable Rebel Trooper in the level.
- He is possibly named 'Rebel Friend' because in the level Secret Plans you help him to defeat two Stormtroopers he is caught in a gunfight with.
- He is playable and purchasable on the DS version of LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, despite the fact he is not shown in the DS version of Secret Plans.
Video Game Appearances