- "This is your only warning, world! The Reverse Flash has arrived!"
- ―Reverse Flash in LEGO DC Super-Villains
Eobard Thawne is Flash's greatest enemy. Living in the 25th century, he was fascinated with the Flash and was his #1 fan, though at that time, Barry was long gone. Eobard wanted to meet Barry in person by going back in time. He went to a Flash antique shop and killed the clerk in order to steal the Cosmic Treadmill, a treadmill that if he ran on, he would travel through time. He miscalculated and actually traveled to the Flash Museum a couple years after Barry's death. He learned that he was destined to become a great enemy of the Flash. This drove him crazy. He went through the chemical process that gave Barry his powers and gained super speed. Eobard made a suit and named himself Reverse-Flash. He went back in time to kill Barry's mother in order to defeat the Flash. Barry's father got blamed, and he went to jail. Years later, Flash met the Reverse-Flash, and the two became bitter enemies ever since.
Video Game Appearances
- His appearance is the same as the 2014 variant of The Flash, but with switched colors.
- Just like the Flash minifigure combines features of Barry and Wally, the Reverse Flash minifigure has features of both the Silver Age Eobard Thawne (like the black ovan in the insignia) and the Modern Age Hunter Zolomon (v-lightning belt and red eyes).
- Reverse Flash's LEGO DC Super-Villains voice actor C. Thomas Howell previously voiced the character in the DC Animated Movie Universe, and Captain Cold in Injustice 2.