Royal Guards, also called Red Guards and Imperial Guards, were the personal guards of Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader. Each guard would carry a force pike as a weapon, and they were all dressed in red. They were trained as great warriors, and were known as the best, being suitable for guarding important Imperial figures.
The Royal Guards were some of the most elite of the Galactic Empire's forces, used primarily to guard Emperor Palpatine, but were sometimes used by Darth Vader as well. They were hand picked by Vader and underwent intense training. Failure usually meant death. Out of a class of 40 cadets, only 5-7 survived training.
Royal Guards have red arms, legs and hands (latter black hands). The red torso piece has red cloak details. They also have black minifigure heads and a red cloak helmet. They wear red capes. Royal Guards come with black spears which are supposed to be force pikes.
The 2014 variant is much the same as the original in torso and headgear. However, the arms and hands appear to have been changed to a complete dark red. The Royal Guards now wield as an accessory a black handle with a grey rod on top, known as a force pike instead of a spear. The capes that they wear are a light red on the outside and a dark red on the inside.
- Celebration IV Set
- 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer
- 7166 Imperial Shuttle
- 7264 Imperial Inspection
- 10188 Death Star
- 75034 Death Star Troopers
- 75093 Death Star Final Duel
- 852085 LEGO Star Wars Magnet Set
- 852552 Magnet Set Royal Guard 2009
- 853450 LEGO Star Wars Emperor's Royal Guard Key Chain
- 75159 The Death Star
- 75251 Darth Vader's Castle
Video Game Appearances
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace
- The Yoda Chronicles
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures
|This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Do not modify it. (visit this item’s product page)|
Concealed in crimson robes and armor, the Imperial Royal Guard protected the Emperor. Secrecy shrouded the Guard, with rumors abounding about the sentinels' backgrounds and combat capabilities.
Gallery of Variants