- "Bet you can't do THIS!"
The Skater is a minifigure from 8683 Minifigures Series 1. He comes with a skateboard, and a black version of the hairpiece originally only found on Max, the LEGO Club mascot. His shirt is sand green with a skull on it. He has blue pants.
The Skater has dark blue legs and hips, a yellow flesh tone, and a sage green torso and arms. The printing on his torso shows that he is wearing a hoodie, and is has a double-sided pocket on the front of it. There is a skull and cross bones in the middle of his torso, with two hoodie strings just above it, and clothing wrinkles to either side of it. At the top of his torso, you can just see the collar of his white shirt underneath his hoodie. His facial expression is a relaxed smile with a slightly raised eyebrow. His hair is black.
Facts from the LEGO Minifigures Character Encyclopaedia
- The LEGO studs on the skateboard hold his feet in place.
- The wheels on the skateboard were designed to really spin.
- His hair is the same as on Max, the LEGO Club mascot, only black instead of brown.
- He likes being the fastest and dislikes losing a race.
Did You Know
- The Skater’s most terrible secret is that he can’t ride a bicycle without falling off.
- The Skater’s ultimate dream is to star in his own LEGO Island Video Game.
- The Skater hopes to someday find a way to beat his toughest opponent: himself! (He thinks time travel might work).
- The Skater went to the hospital 12 times from car accidents.
- Magazine appearances
- LEGO Club Magazine Issue 1 2011 - Minifigures All Around Town!
- LEGO Club magazine Issue 3 2010 - Time To Get Mini With It!
- In 2011, the Street Skater was released with 8804 Minifigures Series 4.
- He is one of nine Collectable Minifigures (the other being the Cheerleader, the Surfer, the Witch, the Race Car Driver, the Hula Dancer, the Surfer Girl, Santa, and a variant of the Zombie) to appear in a non Minifigures set.
- The Skater's face is available on the LEGO Universe mode of LEGO Digital Designer.
- His hairpiece is the same as Cole's in Ninjago and Matthew from Friends.
- The Skater's torso is used on Cole's casual design in Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, though it is recolored and lacks the skull design.
- He also appears in 21204 Town Master.
- The Zombie Skateboarder released with I Love That Minifigure is modeled after him, with tattered versions of his clothes and the same hairpiece.