- "G’day, dudes and dudettes!"
The Surfer (named Surfer Dave in The LEGO Movie and Chainsaw Dave in The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part) is a minifigure released in 2010 as part of 8684 Minifigures Series 2. He is voiced by Doug Nicholas in The LEGO Movie. He is a supporting character in the first film and a minor character in The Second Part.
The Surfer has a yellow muscular torso as well as yellow arms and hands. He has light blue hips and yellow legs with printing that depicts a blue and black swim suit design with white flowers on it. His head is yellow with beard stubbles, a large grin, eyes, and eyebrows. His hair is the same shape as the Skater and the Soccer Player, except is coloured tan. Also included is a white base-colour surfboard with printings of a palm tree with a orange background at the top and a white flower at the bottom with a black background. He also comes with a base to stand on.
The LEGO Movie
In The LEGO Movie, the Surfer appears as a citizen of Bricksburg and is named "Surfer Dave". He is first seen when Emmet says hi to him as he is polishing his surfboard. Later, when asked by the Super Secret Police about Emmet, he tells him that he has no idea who he is, much to Emmet's dismay.
The LEGO Ninjago Movie
In The LEGO Ninjago Movie, the Surfer can be briefly seen at the beach during Garmadon's arrival to Ninjago City.
- The Surfer was popular, due to him being the first minifigure with a printed bare torso (at the time, barcodes gave away the minifigure, and the Surfer was one of the most chosen).
- He is one of nine Collectable Minifigures (the other being the Cheerleader, the Skater, the Witch, the Race Car Driver, the Hula Dancer, the Surfer Girl, Santa, and a variant of the Zombie) to appear in a non-Minifigures set.
- Andrew reuses his hair.
- In The LEGO Movie, his name is Dave.
- He is the only minifigure from the Minifigures (Theme) who appears in The LEGO Movie but is not a Master Builder.
- His The Lego Movie 2 appearence is probably a reference to He-Man, as they both got blond hair, they are both muscled and they both have baldric with similar decoration on their chests.
Gallery of Variants
Video Game Appearances
W … “G’day, dudes and dudettes!”<br />Wherever the waves are radical and the surf is bodacious, that’s where you’ll find the Surfer. He’s the most relaxed guy around, but as soon as it’s time to hop on his surfboard, nothing can keep him from hanging ten from sunrise until sunset!The Surfer has traveled all over the world and surfed at every beach he can find. No matter where he goes, he’s always sure to find a fun challenge on the rolling, splashing ocean!challenge on the rolling, splashing ocean! +