|This article is based on a item that was not released.|
Although this article is based on an official subject, its was never officially released or produced.
The Billion Brick Race was a planned LEGO Film that has since been canceled.
In March 2015, Warner Bros. announced that a third LEGO Movie spin-off, titled Billion Brick Race, was in development. Jason Segel and Drew Pearce were signed on to co-write the film, with Pearce as the sole director. In July 2017, it was reported that Jason Segel and Drew Pearce are no longer involved in the project and that Jorge Gutierrez is now onboard to develop and direct the film. In February 2018, Jorge Gutierrez announced on Facebook that he left the project. On July 16, 2018, the film's plot was announced by Drew Pearce who confirmed it would be a LEGO racing movie inspired from pre-existing racing films including The Cannonball Run. As of December 2019, the status of this movie is currently unknown due to the LEGO film rights being transferred from Warner Bros. to Universal Pictures.
- This was planned to be the third The LEGO Movie spin-off.
- Like The LEGO Movie, the film was confirmed to use CGI animated bricks to look like a stop-motion film.
- It was originally set to be released on May 24, 2019, the same year as The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part.
- ↑ New 'Lego' Spinoff Movie in the Works From Jason Segel, 'Iron Man 3' Writer (Exclusive)
- ↑ 'Book of Life' Director Developing 'Lego' Film (Exclusive)
- ↑ The LEGO movie The Billion Brick Race loses its director
- ↑ LEGO Movie Spinoff Billion Brick Race Inspired by Cannonball Run
- ↑ Universal, Lego in Talks for Film Partnership