- This article is about the minifigure; for the theme, see Star Wars: The Mandalorian.
Din Djarin, referred to by most as "the Mandalorian", or "Mando" for short, was a human male Mandalorian bounty hunter during the New Republic Era. With his beskar armor and distinctive mask, the Mandalorian was both well-equipped and enigmatic—a stranger whose past was shrouded in mystery. He was a battle-hardened warrior, a man of few words, and a formidable mercenary in an increasingly dangerous galaxy.
Din was a child when his home world was caught up in the Clone Wars and his family murdered. Din himself was nearly killed by a Super Battle Droid, but was saved when it and others like it were engaged by a group of Mandalorians. These soldiers, a fanatical group known as the Children of the Watch, took young Din in and raised him as one of their own. Din thus embraced their zealous interpretation of “the Way”, the Mandalorian creed, which included never removing his helmet-the first piece of Beskar armor Din obtained-in the sight of other living beings.
After the fall of the Galactic Empire, the Mandalorian made a name for himself as a member of the Bounty Hunters' Guild, collecting bounties as he traveled across the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories—far from the authority of the New Republic—in his personal starship, the Razor Crest. Apart from his skill, he was known for disliking droids-no doubt a result of his childhood trauma-and for refusing to accept Imperial currency as payment, due to the Empire’s crimes against the Mandalorians. Around 9 ABY, the Mandalorian was hired by a client who offered a substantial reward for the acquisition of an asset located on the planet Arvala-7.
Gallery of Variants
- 75254 AT-ST Raider
- 75292 The Razor Crest
- 75307 LEGO Star Wars 2021 Advent Calendar
- 75317 The Mandalorian & The Child (Brickheadz)
- 75299 Trouble on Tatooine
- 75312 Boba Fett's Starship
- 75315 Imperial Light Cruiser
- 75319 The Armorer's Mandalorian Forge
- 75321 The Razor Crest Microfighter
- 75325 The Mandalorian's N-1 Starfighter
- 5006364 The Mandalorian Key Light
Video Game Appearances
- The Mandalorian's portrayal was provided by Pedro Pascal, who also plays Maxwell Lord in Wonder Woman 1984.
- Up until 75325 The Mandalorian's N-1 Starfighter, Din Djarin's head was a featureless black piece, even in sets released after his face reveal in the Season One finale of The Mandalorian.
- His face printing debuted a new part colour, named "medium tan".