Each Moonstone is a transparent object, with an encrusted symbol, or a liquid object. There are seven Moonstones, all of which are different colors. Lord Vampyre's Moonstone is encrusted with a bat, for example, and the Crazy Scientist's Moonstone is holding inside lightning strikes.
In every corner of the Monster Realms, there are hidden Moonstones, 7, in total. They are guarded by the monsters in the Realms, and are always well protected. Each Moonstone possesses a magical power. For example, Lord Vampyre's possesses the power to control people, and turn them into his minions, and the Mummy's has the power to magnify the curses. The only Moonstone that Lord Vampyre doesn't possess in the Castle is the Zombie Moonstone, most likely due to its later release. If one possesses six Moonstones, they will open the gateway to the darkness and eclipse the sun forever, turning day into night, and letting the monsters roam freely. The only Moonstone to possess two powers is that of the Crazy Scientist, which possesses the power to create life through the power of lightning and grant enormous strength.
The Moon Stones
- None appear in 30201 Ghost Polybag, 30200 Zombie Coffin Car, 10228 Haunted House or 40076 Zombie Car.
- This concept is similar to Keys (Atlantis), in the fact that they're both transparent objects held by various villains who are trying to keep them from the heroes. It is also similar to Pharaoh's Quest's golden treasures.
- All the moonstones appear in 9468 Vampyre Castle, except the Zombie's which was released late into the theme.
- Vampyre's moonstone in the toy fair had another design before it was changed to a LEGO Bat icon.
- The orange moonstone was redesigned and used in the Jurassic World theme as Henry Wu's amber.