FANDOM

 
34,664 Pages

  • LEGOBennyBrick3
    LEGOBennyBrick3 closed this thread because:
    Team Benny wins and the final vote has been decided!
    01:06, July 30, 2016

    Hello, I am Benny, and administrator of Brickipedia who has made several customs. I have heard many complaints about people's customs being deleted and so I have decided to start this discussion. For those of you who want to know why your custom was deleted, it is because it had a lack of custom images.

    Every custom set page requires an image of the custom build. The image can be a physically built custom set or one on LEGO Digital Designer. Every custom minifigure page requires an image of the minifigure. It can be physically built, drawn, or made using LEGO Digital Designer. Every custom theme requires at least two custom sets. However, the sets can be minifigure packs.

    However, this discussion is for custom video games. There are many custom video games that have been deleted for having no custom images here on Brickipedia. This discussion has been made to see what the community thinks about the rules for custom video games. Do you feel that a custom video game isn't really a custom at all without a custom minifigure? Or do you feel that a custom video game is custom enough as long as it has plenty of content from the original ideas of the maker? Please consider voting and leaving a message to express your thoughts.

    YOU ARE VOTING ABOUT CUSTOM VIDEO GAME RULES, NOT ALL CUSTOMS Sorry for any confusion. Just read the introduction and you should've understood.

    Custom Video Game Rules
     
    6
     
    9
     
    26
     

    The poll was created at 14:30 on July 24, 2016, and so far 41 people voted.
      Loading editor
    • You got some of the rules wrong. I fixed it.

        Loading editor
    • I think they should require a poster and at least two custom minifigures.

        Loading editor
    • MLG Neo-Futurist wrote: I think they should require a poster and at least two custom minifigures.

      That's how they will stay. No changes are being made.

        Loading editor
    • ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      MLG Neo-Futurist wrote: I think they should require a poster and at least two custom minifigures.

      That's how they will stay. No changes are being made.

      Not necessarily. If people don't like the rules they should change.

        Loading editor
    • LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      MLG Neo-Futurist wrote: I think they should require a poster and at least two custom minifigures.

      That's how they will stay. No changes are being made.

      Not necessarily. If people don't like the rules they should change.

      They are there for a reason. If we have a bunch of poor looking pages then we must delete them. Keep in mind that the rules on this aren't heavily enforced now so not everyone knows of this. But remove the rules and it takes away reason to delete the bad pages.

        Loading editor
    • ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      MLG Neo-Futurist wrote: I think they should require a poster and at least two custom minifigures.

      That's how they will stay. No changes are being made.

      Not necessarily. If people don't like the rules they should change.

      They are there for a reason. If we have a bunch of poor looking pages then we must delete them. Keep in mind that the rules on this aren't heavily enforced now so not everyone knows of this. But remove the rules and it takes away reason to delete the bad pages.

      These are customs we are talking about. They don't have to be good or bad. Of course it's necessary to make regular articles look as good as possible but what does it matter to you how good a custom is? Of course, though, customs should still follow the general rules of brickipedia.

        Loading editor
    • LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      MLG Neo-Futurist wrote: I think they should require a poster and at least two custom minifigures.

      That's how they will stay. No changes are being made.

      Not necessarily. If people don't like the rules they should change.

      They are there for a reason. If we have a bunch of poor looking pages then we must delete them. Keep in mind that the rules on this aren't heavily enforced now so not everyone knows of this. But remove the rules and it takes away reason to delete the bad pages.

      These are customs we are talking about. They don't have to be good or bad. Of course it's necessary to make regular articles look as good as possible but what does it matter to you how good a custom is? Of course, though, customs should still follow the general rules of brickipedia.

      The objective of customs is to have custom created sets and minifigures. Taking that rule away means anyone can make a page like this:

      "Darence is the purple ninga who is the long lost bruther of Louyd. His wipon is a space palice gun pawored by CHI."

      Get my point? This page would look a lot more better with a custom infobox and page. No custom images also means people will spam the wiki with messages like this. The early Brickipedians made the Customs section for a reason; to share actual LEGO sets and minifigures, not to make a spammy fandom. If you think "no image" customs will do better, make your own wiki of that.

      Not to mention that Brickipedia is a 13+ community. Although anyone can lie and be underage, poorly made articles will merely encourage that. Instead of the new generation learning to make great LEGO builds and minifigure printings, they will learn nothing but the things they teach in every other fandom; cheesy stories, arguments, and derpyness.

      If you did not know, I hate EVERY FANDOM except for the Star Wars, Halo, and LEGO. Why? Because they are don't have the things other fandoms have. Annoyingly obsessed derps living in basements, ridiculous fan fiction, people debating about the most ridiculous things, and fans mixing LEGO with other things that have nothing to do with LEGO. Taking away the custom rules will merely make LEGO Wiki one step closer to other fandoms.

        Loading editor
    • MLG Neo-Futurist wrote:

      LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      MLG Neo-Futurist wrote: I think they should require a poster and at least two custom minifigures.

      That's how they will stay. No changes are being made.

      Not necessarily. If people don't like the rules they should change.

      They are there for a reason. If we have a bunch of poor looking pages then we must delete them. Keep in mind that the rules on this aren't heavily enforced now so not everyone knows of this. But remove the rules and it takes away reason to delete the bad pages.

      These are customs we are talking about. They don't have to be good or bad. Of course it's necessary to make regular articles look as good as possible but what does it matter to you how good a custom is? Of course, though, customs should still follow the general rules of brickipedia.

      The objective of customs is to have custom created sets and minifigures. Taking that rule away means anyone can make a page like this:

      "Darence is the purple ninga who is the long lost bruther of Louyd. His wipon is a space palice gun pawored by CHI."

      Get my point? This page would look a lot more better with a custom infobox and page. No custom images also means people will spam the wiki with messages like this. The early Brickipedians made the Customs section for a reason; to share actual LEGO sets and minifigures, not to make a spammy fandom. If you think "no image" customs will do better, make your own wiki of that.

      Not to mention that Brickipedia is a 13+ community. Although anyone can lie and be underage, poorly made articles will merely encourage that. Instead of the new generation learning to make great LEGO builds and minifigure printings, they will learn nothing but the things they teach in every other fandom; cheesy stories, arguments, and derpyness.

      If you did not know, I hate EVERY FANDOM except for the Star Wars, Halo, and LEGO. Why? Because they are don't have the things other fandoms have. Annoyingly obsessed derps living in basements, ridiculous fan fiction, people debating about the most ridiculous things, and fans mixing LEGO with other things that have nothing to do with LEGO. Taking away the custom rules will merely make LEGO Wiki one step closer to other fandoms.

      Custom video games should require an infobox and characters. Once again, this is for video games, not all customs. Custom minifigures and sets should always have custom images. As for video games, many times they won't even require custom images. If it's spam it should obviously be deleted. I'm saying the customs don't have to be perfect but also shouldn't be the worst.

        Loading editor
    • Since i was a big part of the Brickipedia Admin Team during the dark ages to the golden age we are now, i have a right to have a vote in this. People should be allowed without custom image restriction to create custom LEGO Videogames. I mean look at my LEGO Lord of the Rings Complete Saga custom nothing but images official by LEGO and the games. So i say let people do what they want with the custom LEGO Video games. It should not be deleted if the page has official lego images physical or game and no custom ones.

      If anyone disagress i disagree with your opinion. Good day everyone.

        Loading editor
    • Anyone should,be free to make what they want... What comes out of their Lego brick built brick sized brain

        Loading editor
    • Xsizter wrote: Since i was a big part of the Brickipedia Admin Team during the dark ages to the golden age we are now, i have a right to have a vote in this. People should be allowed without custom image restriction to create custom LEGO Videogames. I mean look at my LEGO Lord of the Rings Complete Saga custom nothing but images official by LEGO and the games. So i say let people do what they want with the custom LEGO Video games. It should not be deleted if the page has official lego images physical or game and no custom ones.

      If anyone disagress i disagree with your opinion. Good day everyone.

      Agreed 100%

        Loading editor
    • LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      Xsizter wrote: Since i was a big part of the Brickipedia Admin Team during the dark ages to the golden age we are now, i have a right to have a vote in this. People should be allowed without custom image restriction to create custom LEGO Videogames. I mean look at my LEGO Lord of the Rings Complete Saga custom nothing but images official by LEGO and the games. So i say let people do what they want with the custom LEGO Video games. It should not be deleted if the page has official lego images physical or game and no custom ones.

      If anyone disagress i disagree with your opinion. Good day everyone.

      Agreed 100%

      Team Benny

        Loading editor
    • Team Benny

        Loading editor
    • The poll is stuck at 12 votes for team benny...really it should be at 14 votes. Just saying!

        Loading editor
    • LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      MLG Neo-Futurist wrote:

      LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      MLG Neo-Futurist wrote: I think they should require a poster and at least two custom minifigures.

      That's how they will stay. No changes are being made.

      Not necessarily. If people don't like the rules they should change.

      They are there for a reason. If we have a bunch of poor looking pages then we must delete them. Keep in mind that the rules on this aren't heavily enforced now so not everyone knows of this. But remove the rules and it takes away reason to delete the bad pages.

      These are customs we are talking about. They don't have to be good or bad. Of course it's necessary to make regular articles look as good as possible but what does it matter to you how good a custom is? Of course, though, customs should still follow the general rules of brickipedia.

      The objective of customs is to have custom created sets and minifigures. Taking that rule away means anyone can make a page like this:

      "Darence is the purple ninga who is the long lost bruther of Louyd. His wipon is a space palice gun pawored by CHI."

      Get my point? This page would look a lot more better with a custom infobox and page. No custom images also means people will spam the wiki with messages like this. The early Brickipedians made the Customs section for a reason; to share actual LEGO sets and minifigures, not to make a spammy fandom. If you think "no image" customs will do better, make your own wiki of that.

      Not to mention that Brickipedia is a 13+ community. Although anyone can lie and be underage, poorly made articles will merely encourage that. Instead of the new generation learning to make great LEGO builds and minifigure printings, they will learn nothing but the things they teach in every other fandom; cheesy stories, arguments, and derpyness.

      If you did not know, I hate EVERY FANDOM except for the Star Wars, Halo, and LEGO. Why? Because they are don't have the things other fandoms have. Annoyingly obsessed derps living in basements, ridiculous fan fiction, people debating about the most ridiculous things, and fans mixing LEGO with other things that have nothing to do with LEGO. Taking away the custom rules will merely make LEGO Wiki one step closer to other fandoms.

      Custom video games should require an infobox and characters. Once again, this is for video games, not all customs. Custom minifigures and sets should always have custom images. As for video games, many times they won't even require custom images. If it's spam it should obviously be deleted. I'm saying the customs don't have to be perfect but also shouldn't be the worst.

      This thread is confusing. I though you meant all customs.

        Loading editor
    • MLG Neo-Futurist wrote:

      LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      MLG Neo-Futurist wrote:

      LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote:

      ToaMatau2004 wrote:

      MLG Neo-Futurist wrote: I think they should require a poster and at least two custom minifigures.

      That's how they will stay. No changes are being made.

      Not necessarily. If people don't like the rules they should change.

      They are there for a reason. If we have a bunch of poor looking pages then we must delete them. Keep in mind that the rules on this aren't heavily enforced now so not everyone knows of this. But remove the rules and it takes away reason to delete the bad pages.

      These are customs we are talking about. They don't have to be good or bad. Of course it's necessary to make regular articles look as good as possible but what does it matter to you how good a custom is? Of course, though, customs should still follow the general rules of brickipedia.

      The objective of customs is to have custom created sets and minifigures. Taking that rule away means anyone can make a page like this:

      "Darence is the purple ninga who is the long lost bruther of Louyd. His wipon is a space palice gun pawored by CHI."

      Get my point? This page would look a lot more better with a custom infobox and page. No custom images also means people will spam the wiki with messages like this. The early Brickipedians made the Customs section for a reason; to share actual LEGO sets and minifigures, not to make a spammy fandom. If you think "no image" customs will do better, make your own wiki of that.

      Not to mention that Brickipedia is a 13+ community. Although anyone can lie and be underage, poorly made articles will merely encourage that. Instead of the new generation learning to make great LEGO builds and minifigure printings, they will learn nothing but the things they teach in every other fandom; cheesy stories, arguments, and derpyness.

      If you did not know, I hate EVERY FANDOM except for the Star Wars, Halo, and LEGO. Why? Because they are don't have the things other fandoms have. Annoyingly obsessed derps living in basements, ridiculous fan fiction, people debating about the most ridiculous things, and fans mixing LEGO with other things that have nothing to do with LEGO. Taking away the custom rules will merely make LEGO Wiki one step closer to other fandoms.

      Custom video games should require an infobox and characters. Once again, this is for video games, not all customs. Custom minifigures and sets should always have custom images. As for video games, many times they won't even require custom images. If it's spam it should obviously be deleted. I'm saying the customs don't have to be perfect but also shouldn't be the worst.

      This thread is confusing. I though you meant all customs.

      Did you read the introduction? I specifically said that this is about custom video games. That's why I didn't have all the rules for all customs before you added them. And the name of the poll says custom video game rules.

        Loading editor
    • When should this vote end? When we reach a certain amount of votes or on a certain date?

        Loading editor
    • This should end NOW

        Loading editor
    • Toa? Neo? When?

        Loading editor
    • LEGOBennyBrick3 wrote: Toa? Neo? When?

      Because only Marty replied I'm ending it now. TEAM BENNY WINS!!!

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.