Adrian Toomes was an inventor who lost his company to his business partner, who betrayed him. He donned his last remaining invention, a flying costume, and became the Vulture to begin a life of crime, thus becoming an enemy of Spider-Man. He was one of the original members of the Sinister Six.
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Adrian Toomes is the former owner of Toomes Salvage Company, based inside New York City, who was forced to turn to a criminal lifestyle after his livelihood was usurped by the Department of Damage Control, a joint venture between the federal government and Tony Stark. Recruiting his co-workers and equipping himself with a flying exo-suit created from Chitauri technology he had stolen, Toomes took on the identity of Vulture and spent the next four years stealing advanced weaponry to sell on the black market. Toomes' activities were noticed by Spider-Man, forcing him to hunt down the young hero. During their final clash, Vulture's life was saved by Spider-Man and in turn, Toomes decided not to reveal Spider-Man's true identity to the other prison inmates.
- In Spider-Man: Homecoming, Vulture is played by Michael Keaton who previously played two different title roles in several Tim Burton films which include Batman in the 1989 film in addition to its sequel Batman Returns, and Betelgeuse in the 1988 film Beetlejuice.
- His Homecoming variant in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 is a same appearance as the one in 76083 Beware the Vulture, but he has a unique wing pack rather than brick built.
- 76059 Doc Ock's Tentacle Trap
- 76083 Beware the Vulture
- 76114 Spider-Man's Spider Crawler
- 76147 Vulture's Truck Ambush