- "Come with me if you wanna not die."
- ―Wyldstyle in The LEGO Movie
Lucy, usually referred to as Wyldstyle, is a Master Builder and the deuteragonist of The LEGO Movie in 2014, along with in sets based on the movie. She is voiced by Elizabeth Banks in the film and LEGO Dimensions and by Jessica DiCicco in the video game adaptation.
- 1 Background
- 2 LEGO.com Description
- 3 Stats
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Gallery of Variants
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Notes
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Sources
- 10 References
She is as "tough as nails" and is Emmet's love interest. As an independent figure, she doesn't let others give her orders easily; as a Master Builder, her creativity rivals even her no-business attitude. Despite this, she has a caring heart and puts a great deal of faith in those she considers friends.
Since meeting Emmet, she believes him to be the "Special", the figure destined to save the LEGO universe. Of course, he doesn't believe himself to be special at all, so it's up to her to convince him otherwise--whether or not he likes it. She is Batman's former girlfriend.
- "Hey, everybody. You don't know me, but I'm on TV, so you can trust me. I know things seem kind of bad right now. But there is a way out of this. This is Emmet. And he was just like all of you. A face in the crowd, following the same instructions as you. He was so good at fitting in, no one ever saw him. And I owe you an apology, because I used to look down on people like that. I used to think they were followers with no ideas or vision. Because it turns out Emmet had great ideas. And even though they seemed weird...and kind of pointless...they actually came closer than anyone else to saving the universe. And now we have to finish what he started, by making whatever weird thing pops into our heads. All of you have the ability inside of you to be a groundbreaker. And I mean literally! Break the ground! Peel up the pieces! Tear apart your walls! Build things only you could build. Defend yourselves. We need to fight back against President Business' plans to freeze us! Today will not be known as Taco Tuesday. It will be known as Freedom Friday! ...But still on a Tuesday!"
When Robin, Frodo, and Metalbeard are each pulled into the vortexes, each unknowingly in possession of one of the Elements, Wyldstyle, alongside Batman and Gandalf, all jump in after them. The three get pulled into the same vortex and appear on Vorton, where the vortex generator they came out of explodes, prompting them to rebuild it. Aided by X-PO, the three use the generator to travel through the multiverse to search for the five missing keystones that power the generator and the Foundation Elements, hoping to find their missing friends and stop Lord Vortech's plan from succeeding. Along their journey, they meet and assist the various heroes of the worlds they visit, such as Homer Simpson, The Doctor, Doc Brown, and Sonic the Hedgehog among others while fighting numerous villains, like the Wicked Witch of the West, Master Chen, The Riddler, and Lord Vortech himself. However, Vortech eventually finds out that X-PO is helping them. The heroes travel to Foundation Prime to find their friends and fight Vortech, but it turns out it was a diversion that allows the villains to ambush X-PO and retrieve the Foundation Elements that the trio had previously collected, allowing Vortech to unlock the foundation of the multiverse: a green Lego building plate. This imbues Vortech with near-unlimited power, and he merges Frodo, Metalbeard, Robin and a piece of himself into a giant robot mutant known simply as the Tri, sending it to wreak havoc on the trio's worlds.
After freeing their friends from inside the Tri, they destroy the Vortech piece, causing the Tri to implode. After the Tri's defeat, Batman realizes that they are going to need all the help they can get to defeat Vortech. The trio recruits The Doctor, Mystery Inc., the Ghostbusters, the spaceship Defender, Doc Brown and Marty McFly, and even GLaDOS to defeat him. While the Doctor, GLaDOS, and X-PO work on a plan to seal Vortech in a rift loop, the heroes head to Foundation Prime, fighting Vortech along the way. With their allies' help, they are able to destroy the Lego plate, which causes Foundation Prime's palace to collapse and infuriates Vortech. He grows to an enormous size and attacks the trio, but the Doctor is able to manipulate the portal technology and sucks all of them into a rift loop. Using a special device he, GLaDOS, and X-PO designed, the heroes are able to seal Vortech in an endless rift prison for all eternity, saving the dimensions.
- 70801 Melting Room (Hood)
- 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace (Regular)
- 71004 The LEGO Movie Series (Wild West)
- 70808 Super Cycle Chase (Regular)
- 70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow (Regular)
- 70816 Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! (Space)
- 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase (Regular, new face)
- 71170 LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack: PS3 (Regular)
- 71171 LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack: PS4 (Regular)
- 71172 LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack: Xbox One (Regular)
- 71173 LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack: Xbox 360 (Regular)
- 71174 LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack: Wii U (Regular)
- The LEGO Movie Exclusive Set (Regular, no hood)
- 70820 LEGO Movie Maker(Regular, no hood)
- 70824 Introducing Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi (Regular, no hood)
- 70827 Ultrakatty & Warrior Lucy! (Apocalyptic)
- 70829 Emmet and Lucy's Escape Buggy! (Apocalyptic)
- 70830 Sweet Mayhem's Systar Starship! (Apocalyptic)
- 70831 Emmet's Dream House/Rescue Rocket! (Apocalyptic)
- 70833 Lucy's Builder Box! (Regular, no hood)
- 70840 Welcome to Apocalypseburg! (Apocalyptic)
- 30527 Lucy vs. Alien Invader (Apocalyptic)
- 70837 Shimmer & Shine Sparkle Spa! (Washed-out)
- 70847 Good Morning Sparkle Babies! (Washed-out)
- 71023 The LEGO Movie 2 Collectible Minifigures (Battle Ready Lucy and Flashback Lucy)
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Variants
Video Game Variants
- "That was literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard."
- ―Wyldstyle to Emmet
- "Oh, right. Batman, this is Emmet. Emmet, this is my boyfriend, Batman."
- "That was my real name. You asked earlier, and it's... Lucy."
- ―Wyldstyle revealing her real name to Emmet
- "We NEED to meet up with Vitruvius and tell him the piece has been found!"
- ―Wyldstyle to Emmet
- Her real name is Lucy, but her personal insecurity led to changing her names multiple times. They were Darkstorm, Geminizzle, Neversmile, Freakface, and Snazzypants, according to Vitruvius. She seemed pleased that Emmet accepted and liked her real name.
- When Emmet and Vitruvius heard her name they asked if she was a DJ, much to her confusion (a reference to real life DJ Wildstylez).
- In The LEGO Movie Videogame, her space-variant has the same animation as Benny.
- She had wished to be the Special when she first heard the prophecy, which would partially explain why she was upset at Emmet at first.
- Her hairpiece was inspired by Star, a character from Clikits.
- Her appearance is similar to the Skater Girl's.
- She makes a cameo appearance in The Simpsons LEGO Spectacular "Brick Like Me".
- She's one of the minifigures to have an arm printing.
- Her hairpiece was reused for Natasha (recolored blonde with a pink streak), a character from the Friends theme.
- In LEGO Dimensions it is revealed that she is afraid of ghosts.
- Wyldstyle's voice actor, Elizabeth Banks, also plays Betty Brant in In the Spider-Man trilogy.