The Zombie Pirate has a grey head with a black pirate hat, one red eye (the other is covered by a patch) and a mouth full of broken teeth. He has a metal hook for his left hand and a wooden peg leg for his right leg. He wears a red suit with a ruffled collar and a brown baldric across his chest. His arms, hips and remaining leg are red to match his coat, except for the boot on this left foot, which is brown. as well, and there are matching rips on the legs. His hands are grey to match his head. Black flies constantly swarm about his head.
- Early concept art for the Monster Fighters theme showed an earlier design for the Zombie Pirate along with a ghostly galleon implying he was originally planned as a Monster Fighters minifigure as one of Lord Vampyre's minions with the galleon being a set and possibly his ship but was however never released.
- He is the fourth minifigure in the Minifigures theme to represent a Zombie. The first being the Zombie from Series 1, second being the Zombie Businessman from Series 14, and third being the Zombie Cheerleader from Series 14.
- He appears to be a "Zombified" version of the Pirate Captain from Series 8.
- He is one of the first minifigures to have two-toned legs.
- He reuses the same Prospector beard.
- He is the first minifigure with a peg-leg to have a printed normal leg and hip joint.